I've been working on this sweater for...well, it seems like forever...4 months. I cast-on in October, and finished yesterday. It didn't really help that I ran out of the main color, then had to re-do the sleeve cast-offs three times before I finally settled on 3x1 ribbing, and I re-knit the last 6 inches of the body ribbing from 2x2 to 3x1 ribbing to match the sleeves. I'm still not completely happy with the neck, but it also has not been blocked yet. I'm hoping it will all work out in the end.
Thanks everyone! A friend at knitting tonight said I might think about re-doing the neck by picking up every other row instead of every row for the knitted I-cord. Since I don't have enough of the red left to re-do the neck after blocking, I'll probably go the former route first. I got a lot of compliments from the gals at knitting, too!