Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Ginnyb
Knitting the Flap

I was on the last row!!!!!!
I am knitting Bella's mittens for my granddaughter, one is done and I was on the last row of the second, laid it down for 5 seconds ( I knew better) and my dog got it!!!! I am not experienced enough to be able to fix it....on DPN's, cables..so I just frogged the whole darn thing to start over! I could cry! I did cry! It's not that it is going to take that long, but I was so excited that I was practically done and could give them to my granddaugter. Darn dog! I love him, but....
Ginny
Ginnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginnyb For This Useful Post:
IrisKnitter (02-13-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Oh know, I'm sorry! I'd cry too. My basset got into the kitchen garbage while I was gone today. I'd much rather pick up that, than my knitting on the floor.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Ginnyb
Knitting the Flap

Oh my gosh, mine is a basset too! That's weird.
Ginny
Ginnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
TrishL1975
1st Leg of the Journey

Aw, Ginny!

I was on the sleeves of a baby cardi when I went to take a show and my little (not-so-little; 25 lbs) hound mix grabbed my knitting and ATE MY DPNS. She didn't chew the knitting, but the bamboo needles were a total loss. Even though I didn't lose any knitting, it discouraged me so that I didn't get that sleeve done for two days.

I now have metal DPNs in size 7.

Basic Socks in Chili
Favorite Cardigan from Custom Knits in Patons Classic Wool in Black

FO: Baby Blanket in Antique White - no hood, moss green ribbon intertwined.
Fetching in Blue Dreamweave.
Hooded Cardi in Light Heather Gray.
TrishL1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Bummer. Funny, though -- people make jokes about cats and yarn, but it's dogs who seem to do most damage! Maybe because we expect it from cats and hide things a bit better...

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Oh, I'm so sorry!! I knew it was trouble when I saw 'was" in the title! Well, on the bright side as they say....you get to have the fun of knitting it again!

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
IrisKnitter
Casting On

Oh, I am so sorry. I actually just logged on to look for sympathy because I just had to frog 18 inches from the second sleeve of the sweater I am knitting for my husband. I saw the mistake a while ago, but I thought I'd just leave it in as a "signature" in the piece, but went to bed last night being nagged by my type A personality. I woke up this morning and just started ripping.

Sigh. A day and a half's worth of work. Of just straight, boring stockinette stitch. And my DH is completely unsympathetic.

I feel your pain, sister! At least you can literally put your dog in the doghouse - I can only figuratively put my DH into it!

Good luck!
-Jen
IrisKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

My partner just rolls his eyes when I start worrying about whether a mistake is going to show or not. Then he says, "it'll never be seen by a man on a horse going by" which he claims is an old Yorkshire saying. Then he just waits for me to start ripping.

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote