Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
Marria
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by zkimom View Post
Oh, nothing out of the ordinary. Wait.

My 10 year old dd was being teased, bullied and hit with sticks by boys in her class. She got so angry that she threw a rock and sent one of the boys to the hospital with a gash on his head that required 6 staples. Now she's in trouble.

Otherwise, a pretty ordinary day.

That is SO not fair! No, your little one probably shouldn't have thrown a rock, but it sounds like she was defending herself to some extent and the other kids should be in trouble too...

When I was in 10th grade I got suspended for 3 days for shoving a boy (yes, you read that right, I was a sophomore in high school) after he called me some pretty filthy names and threw ice in my face. Of course, he didn't get in trouble at all...

I'm sorry that happened to your kid.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marria For This Useful Post:
knitkid11 (02-15-2009), zkimom (02-14-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Lucy78green
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Lucy78green Send a message via MSN to Lucy78green
I went to the dentist to get a broken tooth fixed (biting your nails can also crack your incisors apparently) and I was the only patient there... I wonder if everyone else is superstitious, and maybe that's why when I phoned to make the appointment 2 weeks ago that was the earliest date they could give me?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
cindycactus
Turning the Heel

Dh and I had a very plesant 379 mile trip from South Florida to the Florida Panhandle yesterday. No problems. Saw no accidents either. But then Friday the 13th has been good luck for us in the past. Dh started Chemo on Friday the 13th in 1989 and his Cancer has not been seen or heard from since.
The Following User Says Thank You to cindycactus For This Useful Post:
knitkid11 (02-15-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
knitgal
Working the Gusset

The whole Friday the 13th stuff kind of bugs me. I was born on Friday the 13th and everyone makes such a big deal of it. It's just a day! Often I think people notice the bad things more because they are expecting them, not because more bad things actually happen.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
knitkid11 (02-15-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Nothing bad happened to me on Friday the 13th. Well, the train was late (that isn't unusual) and I did make the connection I was trying to get (that is unusual!) and the bus after that (which was neither late or early and didn't drive past me) and then had a nice relaxing evening with my boyfriend, good day all in all!

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
knitkid11 (02-15-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #16
newamy
Working the Gusset

My son had to get a root canal. This was scheduled in advance. The only bad thing about it was that the office he got it done at was running late but the procedure went well. He had knocked out this same tooth almost 4 years ago and a root canal was always in his future.

Friday the 13th, is an interesting day at our house. My son, the same as mentioned above, had open heart surgery on a Friday the 13th when he was 6 days old. Only it was January and it was a full moon as well. It went well and was life saving. 5 years later my daughter, who is adopted, was born on the same day, only it was a Thursday then. And 3 years ago on the same anniversary it was Friday the 13th again and my cat died. Just died. Very sad, but in a way good, I knew he was aging and such but he had been okay up until that day. He saved me from paying to get him put to sleep. It was hard for my daughter because it was her birthday and she really loved that cat. Well so did I. We still miss him.

All in all I don't find it to be a bad day. Except for the cat dying.

I'm newamy on
newamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to newamy For This Useful Post:
knitkid11 (02-15-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #17
knitkid11
Ribbing the Cuff

i agree! That was unfair your child was defending there self. What my grandma always told me was:

"sticks and stones may break my bones but, words never hurt me"

On the other hand it is a hard saying to follow.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #18
tarrentella
Working the Gusset

I got suspended form school or other punishments for 'bullying' after i fought back the kids who were beating me up. Just because i was a more effective fighter ... (I went to an all girls school so they would pinch and throw gravel and pull hair as well as the name calling. I fought like a boy and when i could put up with no more of their attack would hit them. This was frowned upon as brutish and unladylike behaviour that deserved punishment. Pulling hair and kicking is aprantly perfectly ladylike and acceptable)

I am Tarriknits on Ravelry

This is my not necassarily knitting related blog.
tarrentella is offline   Reply With Quote