Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
GinnyG
Instepping Out

Knit Picks Cabled Yoke Coat
Here is the link:
http://www.knitpicks.co.uk/Cabled+Yo...D50645220.html

It's a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has made or has the pattern for the Knit Picks Cabled Yoke Coat.

This is my first Knit Picks pattern and I gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the writing.

This is a bottom up raglan (all in one piece) and I am up to the armpit and having a terrible time understanding the underarm gusset directions, the directions themselves are clear enough, the problem lies in stitch count. My count is off by 2 stitches and the directions are very unclear as to where to start the gussett.

I guess it doesn't make sense unless you are looking at the pattern but in the event that someone here has it.....

I am up to the underarm gusset and the stitches just don’t “add up”. I am making the 56”, am ready to start the underarm gussett. I have 276 stitches on my needles as as follows:
3/6/55/6/65/6/65/6/55/6/3

The pattern SAYS there should be 278.

BUT looking at the second paragraph on page 2 where the increases start: Next row (INC)...) the first increase row for 56” results in 252 stitches, 4 more increases (increasing 6 stitches per row) add 24 stitches which is an end result of 276 stitches (which is what I have) but the pattern says you should end up with 278 stitches.

Where the heck are those 2 stitches? and how do I start the gussett knowing I am two stitches off? If I follow the gusset directions as written is my gusset going to be "off"?

I called Knit Picks, they said to email them, which I did, but they also said it could take a week or longer to get an answer. THe test knitter for this pattern is on Ravelry, I PM'd her over the weekend but have not received a response. She may not be on ravelry that often or may chose to not answer questions, I don't know.

I spend a very frustrating day yesterday counting and re counting stitches and the bottom line is the pattern AND my garmet are 2 stitches off!!

But the gusset directions include the 2 missing stitches.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,827 Posts
Add two stitches.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
GinnyG
Instepping Out

Were it only that simple!!

The pattern is 5 cables seperated by sections of reverse stockinette so it's impossible to know WHERE to add the tw stitches (pattern doesn't give break down of stitches per section).

I may be in luck though, the "test knitter" on ravelry did answer my PM, she said she would look into it anc get back to me.