Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

YES! My new KP tips are here!!!
Squeee! Glee! My new 3 and 3.25 tips are here! Now I can do this next sweater...as soon as I get the others off the needles, of course... Wheeee!

Just had to share. My partner can't quite make out why I'm so pleased over getting yet another set of KP tips. Sometimes, only another knitter can understand...

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

And understand we do!

Yay!

I've been dying for a set of fixed sock size KP's... I've got the DPN's which I love and use but as I mentioned elsewhere, I actually enjoy using both methods of sock knitting at various points on my sock making.

But I've been trying to clear off our debt and don't really feel I should be buying these as I'd have to use Credit card to order...

Enjoy! Knit and be free!
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Songbirdy For This Useful Post:
globaltraveler (03-09-2009)
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I didn't even realize that KnitPro (the everywhere-that's-not-North-America distributor of KP needles) made 3mm and 3.25mm needle tips until just the other day -- after I'd bought some Addi lace needles for this sweater, of course. *sigh* After some reflection, I decided to buy them anyway...because when I get back to the States, it'll be much harder to buy the KP, it'll be much easier to do the fitting (it's a top down sweater) and because, well, hey, what's wrong with having the Addi and the KP? Especially since I love Addi needles.

Oh, I'm going to be so sad when my money runs out, which I calculate will be dismayingly soon. But at least I'll be able to knit just about any yarn that I can afford then.

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
sweetiekxx
Ribbing the Cuff

hey I was wondering where did you get that from?
sweetiekxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I get most of my KP needles (since my local LYSs don't generally carry the Nova, my fav kind of KP Options) from GetKnitted. The KP Euro site is here.

I note that you can now get buttons made of the same colorful birch laminate as the Symphonie needles -- my first thought was...when I make a bag for my KP interchangeables...

The Following User Says Thank You to globaltraveler For This Useful Post:
sweetiekxx (03-11-2009)