Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #51
novice stitcher
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to novice stitcher Send a message via MSN to novice stitcher Send a message via Skype™ to novice stitcher
I knit because my Dad's mother did. She never went ANYWHERE without her needles. Unfortunately cancer took her life when I was 8 and if there's one thing I remember... she would have wanted to show me how to knit because I always stared at her knitting while she was doing it... I was so mesmerized. Several years later I was given her knitting needles (what was left of them) and I started reading books... only to be frustrated and clueless. It wasn't until this past February that I discovered this site and now my Nanna's needles are in action again. I can literally feel her with me when I'm knitting.

Plus it's so darn relaxing when I'm not LOL

Jenn

OTN: Phentex Slipper Pattern
novice stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #52
margz3
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh Yarnpiggy! I'm so sorry!
Your story brought tears to my eyes! I am glad that you found some therapy/release in knitting!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote