Old 03-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Marria
Working the Gusset

It's been an interesting few weeks--
Well let's see...In the past 3 weeks or so,

My neighbor almost burned her apartment down (we live in a fourplex). Fortunately we just got some smo ke damage and the neighbor's apartment did too because, get this, the fire started in an outlet near her fishtank, the tank broak from the heat and the tank water put out the fire. There was even a bit of water left in the tank (it didn't shatter, just cracked) and two fish survived.

I am arguing with some medical providers over bills that my insurance already paid on and thus I should not have to pay the whole thing. Bu even the amounts I due ow add up, considering that my husband and myself both have chronic illnesses. And of course everyone wants the full amount. Interesting factoid of the week: 47% of all bankruptcies are filed due to medical expenses.

And then, my husband and I our having some troubles, but I am not going to air our laundry here. Suffice it to say I am trying to talk him into goin go counselling

So that's my sad tale of woe. However, I tell myself every minute that no matter how bad it seems there are so many people who would be greatful to be able get medical care at all and to have somewhere to go to if thier house burned down, and who have people that can take them in, who have a job and food to eat. And I have all those things. So I guess I have a lot to be greatful about!

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

Very true what you say about how other's would be grateful to be in your shoes and it is something I often say to myself to try and get up the courage to face my day with a smile.

Prayers that you have strength my friend!

Now... for the real advice...

If you have the time, go visit a LYS.

If you have the money, go treat yourself to one very special skein of that yarn/wool you've been dreaming about. If you don't have the money for that but do for a coffee, go KIP-ping If you can't do that... go KIP in the LYS.

And if that doesn't work, go home, pull out your stash and dream!

because life sucks sometime and it can just be a matter of putting one foot in front of the other until there comes a day when the sun shines just a wee bit brighter and the warmth creeps into your heart and your days are filled with joy once again!
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Thank goodness for fish tanks that put out fires! That's amazing those fish survived too. Go figure.

I feel your pain regarding both your marriage, shall we say "annoyances", and the stupid insurance companies. Keep fighting those morons at your insurance company. If you don't like their answers - ask for a supervisor. Nicely might I add. I myself have not followed my own advice and regretted it immensly. Once you get the supervisor, things - in my experience - go much more smoothly.

As for your marriage, I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. We've been there many a times. I wish you much peace during this difficult time. And we are all here for you when you need to vent it out, if you so choose to.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts