Old 03-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
BOYE NEEDLEMASTER circs ON SALE
Joann's (.com) is having a great price reduction on their NEEDLEMASTER set of interchangeable circs.

This past week, someone in one of the threads I watch was asking about the most cost effective way to get all sizes of all circs. She was looking into the NEEDLEMASTER set at a local Joanns I think it was!

Anyhoo, today I got an email from Joann's (.com) about their sale this week, and this BOYE NEEDLEMASTER set caught my eye, and I immediately thought of her! Click the link and be patient. The Joann's website takes a few seconds to load. It will load!

I rummaged around in all the threads I follow, and I couldn't find our discussion, so I am posting this notice for her, and all of you, too, who might be on the lookout for this set.

My girlfriend has this set and she loves it. It's not a pointy as Knitpicks OPTIONS, but Barbara doesn't like the sharp tips anyways.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

I bought them and returned them because I really didn't like the cord on them; way too stiff. Being new to using circulars and ready to try knitting in the round, I didn't want to "fight" with it.

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanks for your input, Pam!

Artlady at Rav
Old 03-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
jheatherley
1st Leg of the Journey

You might try the KA Classic Exchangeable-Interchangeable Circular Needle Set. Guess they're not as famous as Options, or even Denise, but I love my set. The cords are very flexible and come in several lengths, and the tips are bamboo. I love my Denise set, too, but tried Options and didn't like them much at all.
jheatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
candicane
Working the Gusset

They are actually cheaper at Joanns if you wait until that sale is over and use a 40% off coupon. I personally think the KP Options set is worth the extra money. Although the range of needle sizes is better on the Boye's the cables are not very flexible and the join not as smooth.
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candicane For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (03-17-2009)
Old 03-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

No doubt about it, KnitPicks OPTIONS are a much better set of interchangeable circs!

I don't personally plan to invest in the BOYE set, due to some of the bad reviews I found. Especially the HORRIBLE customer service, and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, when and if issues arise.

I would have liked to try out the BOYE set, as an alternative to my KnitPicks OPTIONS sometimes. Different needle tips for different projects.

Artlady at Rav
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
newbieknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
No doubt about it, KnitPicks OPTIONS are a much better set of interchangeable circs!

I don't personally plan to invest in the BOYE set, due to some of the bad reviews I found. Especially the HORRIBLE customer service, and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, when and if issues arise.

I would have liked to try out the BOYE set, as an alternative to my KnitPicks OPTIONS sometimes. Different needle tips for different projects.

Actually, I purchased this set about 3 years ago when I first started knitting. Maybe I was just the lucky one, but I've had good luck with their customer service.

I never thought about checking each set of tips upon purchase. As I began using them, there was one tip of three (I think) different sizes that had something wrong with the threads that wouldn't allow me to screw it onto the cable. Of course, I discovered each one at different times. Each time, I contacted them and they sent me replacements rather quickly. So three different times they were very responsive to me.
newbieknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by newbieknitter View Post
Actually, I purchased this set about 3 years ago when I first started knitting. Maybe I was just the lucky one, but I've had good luck with their customer service.

I never thought about checking each set of tips upon purchase. As I began using them, there was one tip of three (I think) different sizes that had something wrong with the threads that wouldn't allow me to screw it onto the cable. Of course, I discovered each one at different times. Each time, I contacted them and they sent me replacements rather quickly. So three different times they were very responsive to me.
Hi Newbie! Thanks for your input! Since I posted my note, about not getting the needles...I read some good reviews (like yours) that changed my mind.

JoAnn's.com was having a sale, and I purchased a set for $41.99 with just $2.95 shipping. So, they are on their way to my house!

I am so happy to hear that you have had GOOD customer service experiences. Maybe those who didn't have such good service didn't go about it right. Sometimes, it's such the matter of taking the right steps...like having a purchase order number, etc.

I'm excited to try them! I know the cables are kinkier than OPTIONS...but hot water resolves that real quick. And, storing the cables 'hanging' over something, rather than coiling them up into the case when you're not traveling.

Artlady at Rav