Old 04-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #61
Anarfea
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by cresmoon View Post
I probably won't need extra cables because I can only focus on one project at a time but then their sets are probably for more experienced knitters who do need them.
The extra cables are really useful even if you are only doing one project at a time. You can do things with them like hold live stitches for parts you want to join later via grafting or a 3 needle bind off. Also you can do a provisional cast on that's all set to pick up at the other end. I've even heard of some people threading extra circulars through the stiches they intend to mattress stich but I've never done that.

Find me on Ravelry as TheNatKnits
Anarfea is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
knittingincarolina
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by allynealy View Post
I also got a set of the eknitting DPNs and haven't used them yet. They don't look cheap, but I haven't used them.
Ally, I love my DPNs from eknittingneedles, so much in fact that I ordered the 16" circular set. Love them too.
knittingincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #63
cresmoon
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by knittingincarolina View Post
Ally, I love my DPNs from eknittingneedles, so much in fact that I ordered the 16" circular set. Love them too.
Have you received and had a chance to use the circulars yet and if so, how do you like them? Are the joins smooth and let the yarn slide past, and is the cord stiff or flexible?

I recently bought their straights but now I'm wondering if I should've just gone ahead and bought the circulars after all because I'm going to need some circs soon (didn't buy them because they were reviewed badly here and also because I didn't know what length circs to get). Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
cresmoon is offline   Reply With Quote