Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
kirstyandgirls
Casting On

Please help with this cardi pattern
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I've not been knitting long.

I'm knitting a cardigan and Ive knitted the lower body and saved 2x6 st on stich holder as stated in the pattern. But I don't understand how to proceed?

The pattern is here : http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...e-baby-sweater

I'm ok knitting the sleeves but after thet I don't know what to do? Can anyone help. I don;t know what the saved stiches are for and I don't know how to knit the sleeves and the body - i've knitted the body flat on circs and i'm knitting the sleeve on flat needles

TIA

Kirsty x

PS is this a raglan sleeve?

Last edited by kirstyandgirls : 04-01-2009 at 05:26 AM. Reason: added a question
kirstyandgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
imrachel
Knitting the Flap

First of all, no, these are not raglan sleeves. It's a yoke top. THIS is what raglan sleeves look like, they kind of angle towards the neck: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...y-baby-sweater .

Now as for your held sts. At the very end of the project, they are going to be grafted together for your underarm seams. Here's how it works: For the sake of example we'll use the numbers for the smallest size. You start with 64 sts. Knit 19 sts. Then take the last 6 of those sts and put them on a holder-- these will be for your right underarm seam. Now you have 13 sts left on the needle, which is the right front of the sweater. Knit 32 more sts. Then take the last 6 of those and put them on another holder-- these will be for your left underarm seam. Now you have 26 sts left from that section, which is the back of your sweater. Now knit the last 13 sts you have left, and that will be your left front of the sweater.

When you are finished with the sleeves, before you join them to the body, for each sleeve, you also take off 3 sts from each end, which makes 6 sts, and put them on holders. Those 6 sts are for the underarm seams and at the end of the project, you will sew them to each set of the 6 sts you put on holders from the body.

Make sense?. . .
imrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imrachel For This Useful Post:
kirstyandgirls (04-01-2009)
Old 04-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
kirstyandgirls
Casting On

ok, so I leave them until the end

Thank you for taking the time to reply - I'll crack on and see how far I get. I'm sure I'll be back with more q's later

Thank you much appreciated

Kirsty x
kirstyandgirls is offline   Reply With Quote