Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #21
Anarfea
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Call me "old fashioned" but I don't think I would be comfortable screwing and un-screwing cables onto a needle I have a few addi's I love the sleekness and the cable but it's not as "pointy" as I like..I have a small Harmony and I love it...the pointy tip, the nice cable etc etc...What a shame Why can't they make em bigger...sometimes I just like the feel of "wood" he he!!!
Really if you like the wood just take the jump and by the interchangables. Screwing the tips on is the easiest thing in the world, espescially with the tightening key they put in the package. And look at it this way, if you absolutely cannot bear the thought of taking your tips on and off, you can buy a cable to go with each tip and screw it on once and leave it that way forever. As Art Lady points out, it's still cheeper than Addi Turbos and pointier to boot! But I promise you, once you realize how easy it is to take the tips on and off you will start to appreciate the money that can be saved on interchangables.

Find me on Ravelry as TheNatKnits
Anarfea is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
margz3
Working the Gusset

This thread is killing me, because I SO want a set of KP's interchangeables!! I hate how the cable of my circs are so stiff - even after soaking them in hot water, they curl back up again. One of these days I'll get 'em!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
cheley
Working the Gusset

O.K. here's what I got.....
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3577/...df3597d47a.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3594/...293eeb54e9.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/...25338c7f_m.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/...772acc367a.jpg
Actually just a portion couldn't fit all the circs in there!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/...4e1d8fb093.jpg

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,806 Times in 7,165 Posts
Holy crap you have a lot of needles! I don't even own and straight anymore except for DPNs!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #25
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Holy crap you have a lot of needles! I don't even own and straight anymore except for DPNs!
Take a look just added a few more!!! Now do ya understand my "needles" dilemma??? Yep, I was blessed

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #26
cindycactus
Turning the Heel

I gave up straight needles (except for my dpns) when I bought my first set of Boyle Interchangeable needles more than 29 years ago. I just passed that set on to my DD a couple months ago because I bought the Knit Picks Interchangeable nickle plated set and just was not using the old set any more. DD is thrilled to get my "vintage" set. I think if you give them a try you will love the interchangeable Harmony set.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #27
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,911 Posts
Originally Posted by Anarfea View Post
......Screwing the tips on is the easiest thing in the world, espescially with the tightening key they put in the package......
I wish they were easy for me, but alas they are not.
I've tried every interchangable I've come across, and they all hurt my poor arthritic hands and wrists when I try to put them together.

Now, when I was younger, I would have loved them.

Cheley, it looks like you and I have exactly the same set of needles! I have some of those "luxite" needles too, and adore them!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #28
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I also have some Susan Bates luxite dpn's in the original cylinder size 1 with a $1 price sticker on it. I use them when I fly so I don't have metal needles in use on the plane.
It's hard to believe so much of what I grew up using is now reaching collectible age. My electric curlers are 40 years old and my blow dryer is about 35 years old. Sears stuff lasts.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #29
cresmoon
1st Leg of the Journey

Speaking of needles, how long has Boye been making bamboo straights and circulars? I stopped by Walmart today to run some errands and went by their yarn section and noticed a very small selection of Boye's bamboo needles! Are they brand new or have I just been living under a rock and never noticed?

ETA: margz, you could do what I'm going to do: add the KP needles to your birthday or holiday list and tell your loved ones that's what you want. Most years my parents get me something I have absolutely no use for and either I end up returning it or never using it, like the bag they gave me last year which I've used twice since then. Instead I'm going to let them know about the KP needles if they ask so at least it won't be something I drag out of my closet when I remember I have it.
cresmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #30
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
They've been out less than a year, I'd say maybe since fall.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote