Old 04-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
Anarfea
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by cresmoon View Post
ETA: margz, you could do what I'm going to do: add the KP needles to your birthday or holiday list and tell your loved ones that's what you want. Most years my parents get me something I have absolutely no use for and either I end up returning it or never using it, like the bag they gave me last year which I've used twice since then. Instead I'm going to let them know about the KP needles if they ask so at least it won't be something I drag out of my closet when I remember I have it.
Oh totally. I've been dropping all kinds of hints to my boyfriend (okay so maybe I actually told him outright) that a knit picks set is what I want for Christmas/Birthday. (So far I've decided to just buy tips and cables seperately in the sizes I need). But man I also want the set of the new 6 inch dpns!! Winter means glove knitting!

Find me on Ravelry as TheNatKnits
Anarfea is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
Ijustwantacraft
Casting On

I am a new knitter and have crocheted for years and reading knitting help has be a wealth of information to me. I have fallen in love with the knit pick harmony wood circular interchangeable s, and am asking for them for my happybirthdaytome next month, my reasons are so that I won't have to buy so many needles in straights, I have tried dpn to do a round project and its just crazy to me all the needles flopping around. I do like the bamboo. Seems in knitting you need alot more things to do a project than in crochet all I need is X size hook.
So part of my decision to get a set is based on getting all I will mostly ever need in one set, and you get what you pay for in quality. My question is this: How are the cables on these are they flexable, plyiable
easy to deal with. How are they compared to other nice sets? I did try a pair of circular bamboo and then went and put them in boiling water but they still were unruley and just want to flop around and such, I just went back to my research on finding a good pair a set of needles. Also I can straight knit on the circulars and how bout that magic loop thing how are knitpicks cables for that, but I probably won't need to do it much because I will have most all the cables.
If I do get the set, should I but one extra cable? what size should that be?
Thanks again for all the information on this forum its the little thing one needs to know, that can only be found out from experienced knitters here.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #33
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Everyone seems to agree that knitpicks needles have the best cords. They're flexible, not stiff, good to work ML with.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Ijustwantacraft (04-18-2009)
Old 04-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #34
cresmoon
1st Leg of the Journey

Here's a good thread to read where we had a nice free-for-all discussion on needles and answered some of your questions:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=90121
cresmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cresmoon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #35
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Originally Posted by Ijustwantacraft View Post
My question is this: How are the cables on these are they flexable, plyiable
easy to deal with. How are they compared to other nice sets?
They are awesome! Very flexible and never stay curled up. I curl them to put them in the zippy pocket, but when I pull one out it straightens immediately. I love them!

They compare favorably with Addi Turbos, but are much, much less expensive. The Boye cable is awful IMO, but some people have learned to deal with it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post: