Working away on this. I have one side finished. Here are some pics. I tried to show the lace with some close-up's.
This is pre-blocked. That will be the next step to boldly go where I have never been before.
Thanks to Suzeeq for the helpful link.
This article should explain it - www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/FEATdiyknitter.html
The blocking board here is made based on the pattern from the above article.
I used quarter inch sound board (it doesn't have to be Homosite). It cost $12 for a 4' X 8' sheet. (Normally $20 but one edge was damaged so I got a discount).
The 'Y' chromosome is still working!