Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
cheley
Working the Gusset

Ahhh Spring in Ohio..warning!!!not for the squeamish
How's this for a nice spring day?????
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/...07f8821b6b.jpg Ya think my daff's and tulips will make it?

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
We got 10 inches on Sunday, the highest in the state! I think they'll be ok. This can't be the latest snowfall on record. And it could be worse, we could live in North Dakota!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
cftwo
Working the Gusset

Spring in the midwest is often like that. Not that it's any fun, but after a while you become resigned to it. I've had snows like that, if they hit at the right time, make the daffodils not bloom. I bet it's a bit early to kill off the tulips, though. Try to remember that it's not too far from May and that last hard frost.
cftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cftwo View Post
Spring in the midwest is often like that. Not that it's any fun, but after a while you become resigned to it. I've had snows like that, if they hit at the right time, make the daffodils not bloom. I bet it's a bit early to kill off the tulips, though. Try to remember that it's not too far from May and that last hard frost.
Yea I know... I have lived here all my life....One year we had a "frost" late and just about ruined the fruit trees for that year...it's still a drag

Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

Argh- it's snowing here now, kids were out of school today. And Sunday it was 78!

Hope the flowers are OK.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simply_Renee For This Useful Post:
cheley (04-07-2009)
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
cheley
Working the Gusset

You know I have to ask you this: I have a niece that was born here(Ohio) and her Mom lives in Nashville now...According to the both of them, when it snows there (Tenn) people get really freaked out!!!! I guess if you live in a state where you drive in 2 to 3ft of snow, 2 or 3 months of year, snow doesn't bother you!!! I still haaaaaate it!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

Oh, Tennesseans are highly amusing in the snow. I was at Wal-mart last night & needed milk- they were completely out of skim and I was like "What?" Then I remembered the forecast.

They don't have enough equipment (salt trucks/plows) to deal with it, and it doesn't snow enough that people get used to driving in it. (like you have to slow down & control the car gently, but you have to get enough speed to get up hills.) My kids do the snow dance all winter long because our county is in the mountains & gets several inches when it just dusts the valley. They are out if there is any ice on the roads (since it is hilly, and people can't drive.)

And they had just readjusted the school calendar 2 weeks ago because they had used more snow days than allotted.

I am from upstate NY though so this amuses me. I love it here though.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Simply_Renee View Post
Oh, Tennesseans are highly amusing in the snow. I was at Wal-mart last night & needed milk- they were completely out of skim and I was like "What?" Then I remembered the forecast.

They don't have enough equipment (salt trucks/plows) to deal with it, and it doesn't snow enough that people get used to driving in it. (like you have to slow down & control the car gently, but you have to get enough speed to get up hills.) My kids do the snow dance all winter long because our county is in the mountains & gets several inches when it just dusts the valley. They are out if there is any ice on the roads (since it is hilly, and people can't drive.)

And they had just readjusted the school calendar 2 weeks ago because they had used more snow days than allotted.

I am from upstate NY though so this amuses me. I love it here though.
I did have the pleasure of visiting many many years ago..We were in The Smokies (I think the town was Pigeon Forge? ) and it was quite breathtaking...and I should of realized that "driving" along hills and such is very scary....especially in the snow/ice...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
KnittingNana
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to KnittingNana
Ohio snow
Originally Posted by cheley View Post
How's this for a nice spring day?????
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/...07f8821b6b.jpg Ya think my daff's and tulips will make it?
Very pretty! I was in Columbus last week seeing my husband who's working there right now. It was cold during my visit, but I left Sunday & it didn't start snowing until yesterday. Didn't get any snow here at home this winter.

KnittingNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by KnittingNana View Post
Very pretty! I was in Columbus last week seeing my husband who's working there right now. It was cold during my visit, but I left Sunday & it didn't start snowing until yesterday. Didn't get any snow here at home this winter.
Since your signature side-bar list your location as Texas...

Ah ha! Finally something that isn't "bigger and better in Texas," SNOW.

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.
OffJumpsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OffJumpsJack For This Useful Post:
cheley (04-08-2009)