Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Have you been TEETERING on the brink?
Have you been TEETERING on the brink of purchasing KNITPICKS new Harmony Wood STRAIGHTS?

The full 10" set is on sale for 42% off until May 7th.
The 14" set is 37% off!

This kind of sale is, I think, unprecedented for KnitPicks. I've never seen them offer their new line of anything for such a deep discount. They say it is a Mother's Day Sale.

I bought one 10" pair in size US8 a few months ago...and I must report that they are wonderful! I just wanted to give 'em a try! I knit mostly on circs, as do a lot of folks these days, but I think the HARMONY STRAIGHTS could be a nice diversion when making SCARVES.

I used my US8 straights for binding off. It made binding off so much easier. I like how the 10" length handles.

I will use them for a scarf soon.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
pinktoque (05-01-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
mwhite
Instepping Out

Just bought a pair, same as yours...haven't used them yet but I use Harmony Interchangeable Circulars and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! Previously, when I got into doing lace, I purchased several sets of the cheap circular sets on Ebay...A total waste of money regardless of cheapness....besides the fact that the tube/cord is too thick and you have to struggle to bring stitches around to knit, the points are not very sharp and more than a dozen of the cords have pulled off the needles at the join.....GRRRRR. I am now a Harmony Girl!!!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Doublereeder2
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Have you been TEETERING on the brink of purchasing KNITPICKS new Harmony Wood STRAIGHTS?

The full 10" set is on sale for 42% off until May 7th.
The 14" set is 37% off!

This kind of sale is, I think, unprecedented for KnitPicks. I've never seen them offer their new line of anything for such a deep discount. They say it is a Mother's Day Sale.

I bought one 10" pair in size US8 a few months ago...and I must report that they are wonderful! I just wanted to give 'em a try! I knit mostly on circs, as do a lot of folks these days, but I think the HARMONY STRAIGHTS could be a nice diversion when making SCARVES.

I used my US8 straights for binding off. It made binding off so much easier. I like how the 10" length handles.

I will use them for a scarf soon.
Why you enabler!!!!!

Aw, gee - c'mon and see: www.knittinreed.blogspot.com
Doublereeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Artlady at Rav
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
margz3
Working the Gusset

Uh oh...... I was going to ask my DH to get me the interchangeable circs for Mother's Day, then also suggest that I would really like the set of DPN's ...... now I may just have to get on my knees and GROVEL to get these too!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
pinktoque
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via ICQ to pinktoque Send a message via AIM to pinktoque Send a message via MSN to pinktoque Send a message via Yahoo to pinktoque
I think DH will die if I ask about making yet another KnitPicks order this month, LOL

I *just* ordered the nickel plated interchangeable set last week and am waiting ever so patiently for it to arrive (I'm in Canada so it takes like 2 weeks+!) and a week before that I took the plunge and ordered the interchangeables I had purchased a 40" fixed size 2 for socks and a set of size 2 DPNs to go with it. Those have arrived and I LOOOOOOOVE THEM! I know I will love my interchangeable set.

However, I should consider the Harmony Wood straights set, as I do really enjoy wooden needles. It might be a nice change if I'm having trouble with slippery yarn on the nickel-plated interchangeables.

Just as a quick side question for ArtLady, you mentioned the straights would be good for scarves and that you'd use them for scarves... is there a reason for preferring straights to knitting flat on circs for a scarf? I've done scarves both ways and now that I can do just about everything on circs I dunno why I'd buy straights anymore. Then again, having the wood straights as a backup would be nice. Any reason specifically for scarves?

Enjoy the sale, everyone! :D <3KP

http://craftblog.pinktoque.com
I knit under my desk at work.

KER+ Exp+ SPM->+ KP++@ Bam+(+) Wool+(+) Cot+(+) Syn+(+) Stash(+) Scale+ Fin-> Ent? FI-> Int? Tex-> Lace-> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch- KIP++ Blog+++ FO+ WIP(+) GaugeW++ ALTCr++Sw+(+)
pinktoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
margz3
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by pinktoque View Post
now that I can do just about everything on circs I dunno why I'd buy straights anymore. Then again, having the wood straights as a backup would be nice. Any reason specifically for scarves?

Enjoy the sale, everyone! :D <3KP
Who can EVER have enough needles! (or yarn, or patterns.......)

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
pinktoque
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via ICQ to pinktoque Send a message via AIM to pinktoque Send a message via MSN to pinktoque Send a message via Yahoo to pinktoque
Originally Posted by margz3 View Post
Who can EVER have enough needles! (or yarn, or patterns.......)
LOL very, very true!!

I just noticed that ArtLady mentioned scarves specifically for the straights, and when I went to see the KP sale on the needles, they also mentioned doing scarves with the straights specifically. I just wondered if there was something I was missing about how/why it's better or suggested to do scarves on straights vs. circs.

http://craftblog.pinktoque.com
I knit under my desk at work.

KER+ Exp+ SPM->+ KP++@ Bam+(+) Wool+(+) Cot+(+) Syn+(+) Stash(+) Scale+ Fin-> Ent? FI-> Int? Tex-> Lace-> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch- KIP++ Blog+++ FO+ WIP(+) GaugeW++ ALTCr++Sw+(+)
pinktoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Oh, no special advantage with straights with scarves, except to say that since scarves are just 25-35 stitches in width, they fit nicely on the straights, as opposed to projects with 100+ stitches, which are definitely helped along with the use of circs cuz with circs the weight of the project sits center in your lap.

Phew. That was a long and windy sentence!

I'd buy that full set but we're gonna be up in the mountains sometime here in May and I'm afraid the set will deliver and sit on my porch. KnitPicks delivery is willy-nilly. You can't bank on when they will deliver.

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
pinktoque (05-01-2009)
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
margz3
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post

I'd buy that full set but we're gonna be up in the mountains sometime here in May and I'm afraid the set will deliver and sit on my porch. KnitPicks delivery is willy-nilly. You can't bank on when they will deliver.
Well, if you really want them and are unsure of when they would be delivered, I would be happy to take delivery for you and...uh...babysit them

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items