Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Basically the project that I've fallen in love with most recently, whatever it is! I've been trying to only work on projects that I really love in fibers that I adore.

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #12
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
I do like making socks but I am in a shawl mood right now. I have at three at the moment on the needles. Two are just regular knit shawls and the other is a lace. I love knitting lace but it does kill my hands. So that one is the one taking the longest right now.

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
pinktoque
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via ICQ to pinktoque Send a message via AIM to pinktoque Send a message via MSN to pinktoque Send a message via Yahoo to pinktoque
toques (hats) are my absolute favorite thing to knit, especially in the round

http://craftblog.pinktoque.com
I knit under my desk at work.

KER+ Exp+ SPM->+ KP++@ Bam+(+) Wool+(+) Cot+(+) Syn+(+) Stash(+) Scale+ Fin-> Ent? FI-> Int? Tex-> Lace-> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN+ ML+ Swatch- KIP++ Blog+++ FO+ WIP(+) GaugeW++ ALTCr++Sw+(+)
pinktoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
chj
1st Leg of the Journey

Anything I don't have to sew together! Love to do scarves, baby blankets, and especially the log cabin blankets.

Addicted to knitting...
chj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #15
Ullis
Casting On

Socks, socks and more socks. Now Im trying to learn how to knit lace socks and have almost finished my first pair.
Ullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
I have two projects that I love to knit. Hats used to be my primary source of knitting, I'd have one on the needles at all times. I used to make up my own designs. Now it's socks. Any yarn that I can find thin enough in my stash gets made into socks. Plain knit socks, socks with cables, socks with lace... Any way I can get them made without the monotony of plain stockinette.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
mollypop
Casting On

I love knitting dishclothes the're so easy and fast and cute!
mollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
stitchabit
1st Leg of the Journey

Well. Being that I am very new to knitting- I would have to say dishcloths- and I have knit many-they are quick and finished in no time. I like to crochet and have knit a couple of baby blankets- getting ready to start a new one for the Linus project. Tried a sweater-would love to be able to knit one-but after the frustration of tearing it out several times and cursing from here to Maine I have given up on that idea for now. I have some yarn I would like to use for a scarf. Do any of you have a quick and easy pattern for a scarf? The yarn is blue - worsted weight- for a teenage boy-maybe girl.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #19
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Helmetliners for the troops. I also like the idea of someone wearing one of mine & knowing that people back home truly care. A bit of a hug.

I also like to knit little fishies for my tessellating fish afghan.
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
jcmom
1st Leg of the Journey

Interesting question.......for a fast satisfying project, I'd say Fiber Trends clogs are my fav. I like socks, but by the end of a pair I say I won't do any for a long time. Then, before I know it, I'm making more. Baby clothes are fun because they're quick and use a relatively small amt. of yarn. Sometimes I just want something to do so I make up a dishcloth. I guess it depends of my mood and the purpose of the knit. Not too thrilled with seaming, but I've made sweaters.
Pretty much, I've done it all.
jcmom is offline   Reply With Quote