Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
hookedonknitting
1st Leg of the Journey

hehe...I just bought 4 skeins on pattons wool, 4 skeins of cashmere one of silk, and one other one and spent 12.50 cdn. It would have cost less if I had remembered my coupon....oh well....my only complaint was that i didn't know knitters shop in the morning and I went in the afternoon!!! I guess that was the fates way of telling me not to shop too much!! LOL!
hookedonknitting is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

That's an awesome deal!

I went to my Michael's Saturday evening to buy some Mod Podge and happened to wander by the yarn section. (The store is set up so that the craft glue is on the side closest to the cash registers and the yarn is in the back of the store on the opposite side. I must have gotten lost. )

There weren't any sales and just a few items on clearance. All of the bins were full except for one vertical rack on each side of the aisle -- the yarn section is both sides of one full aisle -- and there were signs all over advertising the new yarn "coming soon".

I almost picked up some yarn, but it was still more than I wanted to spend since I am the rare kind of knitter that doesn't like to have a stash. Maybe if DH and the kids hadn't been waiting for me out in the car (I ran in for one thing!) I might have spent more time considering what I could do with a skein or two of new yarn.
sakura-panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
AngieLanigan
Knitting the Flap

Well, we had a big cheque come in today (my pension money from the job I left to SAH)... it's mostly being used on renovations, but since I worked for 8 years to accumulate that money, I figured I could spend a bit on myself

I went back into Michaels, and while a lot of the bin was gone since I was there on Saturday, almost all of the fun fur type stuff was gone and there was still a ton of the good natural fiber blend stuff left. I couldn't believe it. I spent another $42, bringing my grand total to .....

$378 worth of yarn for $78

Last edited by AngieLanigan : 05-12-2009 at 03:05 PM.
AngieLanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #14
Suziblues
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Suziblues
ME TOO!!!!! I BOUGHT 11 SKIENS OF BERNAT CASHMERE, COLOR: NATURAL, 2 SKIENS OF GREY AND 1 SKIEN OF SOY YARN AND SOME OTHER STUFF!!!!!!!!!!
I want to go back so bad and get the Grace yarn and the rest of the Cashmere in this beautiful light blue color they have. But I gotta pay the STUPID bills with the money I have left.

For all you Michigan knitters, I live in Fraser. The Michaels I went to is at 13 mile and Scheonerr. (there goes all the good stuff probably!!)
You get what you need."
M. Jagger
Suziblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

GEE
Gee..I rarely even shop at Michael's. I think I will have to reconsider. I usually buy most of my yarns online or at Joanns or ACMoore. The Michael's is farther away but still not bad. I may check it out tomorrow.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Suziblues
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Suziblues
I forgot to say that while I was piling up all that yarn in my shopping basket, I did notice some new yarn. It was a 'Michaels' brand yarn, but I didn't look at what it was made from or anything. I'm pretty sure it was acrylic.
You get what you need."
M. Jagger
Suziblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Yay! Congratulations on your great yarn deal!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #18
cresmoon
1st Leg of the Journey

If you want to go, go FAST! I worked today and saw a bunch of good yarn on 99 cent clearance, including Patons Merino wool yarn and Lion Brand wool-ease thick and quick! I'm so mad I didn't go earlier to check it out because some of the colors of yarn I wanted are now completely gone.
cresmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #19
wezyus
Turning the Heel

Wowwwwwww's u r alls so lucky dear...u got got many types n brands of yarn...whereas at may place we got only mirage for baby and doudle knit n hastek, we did hve threads such as DMC, anchor cotton n mercerised perle... we dont get many colors for mercerised only white n off white .....thnks for sharing ur happiness n kip on smiling n enjoy ur knitting sessions
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #20
Craw
Knitting the Flap

You guys all got great deals! I was at my Michaels on Friday of last week. There wasn't much in the 99 cent bin but I did manage to get a few skeins of Vanna's Choice. It was pretty much already picked over. One of you crazy ladies must have gotten there before me. I was really looking for the Patons wool but that wasn't on sale, I checked. It was still regular price. I passed the store again yesterday and wanted to check back in but hubby was with me and didn't wanna take the time to stop. What a fuddy-duddy.
Craw is offline   Reply With Quote