Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
astonh
Turning the Heel

Best Way to Join Yarns for Lace Project?
I'm using Malabrigo Lace to knit up an open lace stole/scarf. My problem is that my yarn met some type of demise and I've got several pieces of broken yarn (from the main ball) that I will need to use (for yardage).

How is the best way to join laceweight yarn so as to not show up as much in an open lace piece? I was looking at either the felted join or the Russian join (although I don't know if the yarn is thick enough to do Russian).

What do you recommend? This is my first lace weight project.

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
kaidyddd
1st Leg of the Journey

Malabrigo lends itself well to the spit-splice or felted join method. You won't even know that it's there. I wouldn't mess with the Russian join unless I had yarn that wouldn't spit-splice.
kaidyddd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaidyddd For This Useful Post:
astonh (05-11-2009)