Old 05-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

My Hubby is Awesome!
So, I was painting a room in the house this weekend and Friday night I was prepping everything. Mainly, we got all the furniture, etc., out and I was vacuuming the walls, ceiling and rug to get cobweb free and.....the darned vacuum just stopped. Bit the dust. Refused to turn on! Argh!

So, our friend was over for normal Friday night dart game and he and my hubby went out to get me a new vacuum. Awesome in and of itself that he ran right out to get me a vacuum, right? Well, he came back with THE vacuum. He bought me a Dyson Ball vacuum!!! I was so excited. I've been wanting one because I absolutely hate vacuuming and because of how the attachments work on the Dyson it makes it so easy.

It's awesome and I love him. I'm so lucky to have him (and my Dyson!)

(During my excitement it occurred to me that I was happy about a vacuum. ???? Oh, how life changes, huh? I never thought a vacuum would be a great gift. But it is.)
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

I would love to have a Dyson- those look so neat & I have heard they work GREAT! Do you find it's really good for getting dog hair up? My vacuum isn't too great at that- have to go over and over the carpet with it.

LOL about the excited to have a vacuum- I totally understand! A Dyson is one of the "on my list of things I'd like when we can afford it" things.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
catlvr
1st Leg of the Journey

I have a Dyson and 3 inside cats and a pekingese dog. Trust me, it is great on pet hair! I only have to take one swipe and most of the hair is picked up.
catlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
hookedonknitting
1st Leg of the Journey

I asked for a vacuum for a birthday present once!! I got it! LOL!! Actually it might have been an anniversary...mmmm...well anyway it was a special occasion..LOL!!
hookedonknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
JasminJaquine
Casting On

We've got a Dyson!! Was one of the things we saved up for after I moved to Florida, and boy am I thrilled with it! It just glides over the floor and picks everything up. My parents have the same model and everything, so we got one after hearing how well it cleaned up after Jake the Golden Retriever who sheds like crazy!

The best one though was two Christmases ago (2007) when the DBF's Mom got a Dyson and a Handivac thing and was FAR too excited over a vacuum.
Faults: I Ramble....a lot!
OTN: Girl Friday Cardigan
Last FO's: Sunny Citron Shawl, Andrea's Shawl
JasminJaquine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Well, I was pretty excited when I got my Kirby (before the Dyson craze -- if it ever dies I'm going to replace it with a Dyson) and I couldn't believe how excited I was over a vacuum, but it sucks up everything even from between the floorboards in our old hardwood flooring AND it has a little motor that helps move it so that you barely even realize you're pushing a heavy vacuum back and forth. (I'm still excited 13 years later. )

Congrats on your new Dyson!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

Thanks all for your well-wishes on my Dyson! It's GREAT on dog hair (shedding labrador). And, the funniest thing....my dog's not afraid of this vacuum?!?!? She'll walk right up to it while I'm using it and sniff and play with it. Odd, but it's better than running away from it like her tail's on fire.

Last night I actually vacuumed......for pleasure. Will wonders never cease?
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote