Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
ladyamesindy
Casting On

Tvåändsstickning knitting
I learned how to do Tvåändsstickning a number of years ago (the article by Linda D. Y. Sokalski was from the Dec. 1989/Jan. 1990 edition) from an article I'd found in Threads Magazine.

I re-discovered the article the other day (surprise, surprise it actually has survived multiple moves across country since then!) and was wondering if it might be worth trying to do this in a sweater using worsted weight yarn.

The problem I'm running in to right now is trying to find a basic sweater pattern to do on circular needles that will go as large as a man's 2XL (trying to think in terms of a Christmas pattern for my husband!).

If anyone has worked this style and has any suggestions, please let me know. I've done the mitten pattern that came in the article a couple of times, and I don't see why it wouldn't work as a sweater pattern - well, perhaps adjusting the pattern or making a completely new one.

Or, if anyone knows of a sweater pattern using Tvåändsstickning that is out there, please let me know. I'm even to the point of contacting my Swedish sister-in-law to ask her, and she doesn't even knit!
ladyamesindy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
imrachel
Knitting the Flap

This book is all about it: Two Ended Knitting by Anne-maj Ling
imrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
ladyamesindy
Casting On

Thanks! I'll check into it!
ladyamesindy is offline   Reply With Quote