Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Costco ROCKS!
If you don't know, Costco is a warehouse store like Sam's only with a much better return policy. Some electronics like TVs, PCs and iPods they double the mfg. warranty which is nice in itself. And when my 2nd iPod went bezerk on me, their 'concierge service' got me super fast treatment from Apple

My first iPod was purchased there before this new policy, so when it goes caput, Costco will give me a brand new one.

Most things you can return any time for any reason. No questions asked. Example: Recently they allowed us to return a 7 year old Bissell carpet cleaner that I used to death and got the full $250 we paid for it in 2002 back in cash! Of course, we turned around and bought a new Bissell cleaner at Costco but it was now only $175!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's like we got paid for using and abusing the Bissell. They knew how old the item was, they always look things up on their computer, so if you lose your receipt that's OK too.

Anything purchased online at costco.com can be returned to the store and you even get your S&H.

I'm just so darned tickled with them I had to tell you guys in case you thought it wasn't any worth looking into.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

We spent about $18 on some Kirkland sunglasses (Costco's in house brand) for DH from a year or two ago. When he broke them this spring, I didn't have the receipt for it anymore, and they didn't have any on display, so they refunded me $30!

Of course, the next time we went they had the display set up and we bought another pair for $30.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

I wouldn't ever return a carpet cleaner I had used for 7 years for a full refund. Who ended up paying for that?

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
jheatherley
1st Leg of the Journey

My thought exactly.
jheatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
I too love Costco. If they sold yarn, I'd never shop anywhere else.

(As far returning a seven year old carpet cleaner, I wouldn't, but Costco will let you. Stuff has a 'lifetime' guarentee.)

Another thing about them, if you don't have medical insurance they have a program to help you out; for me, it's as good as Walmart, because WM doesn't have my drugs on their formulary.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Wow, that's amazing. I had no clue they had that kind of policy. It sounds just like LL Bean's return policy. You can have it for years and return it for whatever reason you give.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
I worked in Seattle with another nurse who bought a pair of nursing shoes from Nordstrom's. Wore them for six months, the sole split right where the foot bends, and she took them back for a replacement. I couldn't believe it; by my calculations, the shoes had put in 1,000 hours, and Nordy's cheerfully refunded.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Simply_Renee View Post
I wouldn't ever return a carpet cleaner I had used for 7 years for a full refund. Who ended up paying for that?
I wouldn't either, I thought it was crazy but generous on their part.

I called first and Costco said "sure, bring it in! It's our return policy." We even double checked at the return desk when we got there, they said "no problem". Oh, and BTW, I forgot to mention the carpet cleaner was not working properly, it was leaking like crazy AND not sucking up the water from the carpet after it sprayed.

I have had to return very few things, aside from this only a set of phones which stopped working. However, it is an ingenious return policy really because we have spent THOUSANDS in the last few years which we might have spent somewhere else if we didn't have the assurance of the return policy (phones, big screen TVs, pots, etc.). Not to mention everything else we spend money on such as food and cleaning supplies, flowers, baked goods, etc.

Last edited by Arielluria : 05-20-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: BTW
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
Wow, that's amazing. I had no clue they had that kind of policy. It sounds just like LL Bean's return policy. You can have it for years and return it for whatever reason you give.
I didn't know that about LL Bean, I have only 1 thing from them, it's my favorite purse!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post

As a former LL Bean employee I just wanted clarify this -- LLB has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you used something for 7 years and you were satisfied with the product's performance during those years, we would have asked you in a nice way to reconsider returning the item for replacement/refund. People at times still returned items because they felt they were owed their money back after so many years, which was frustrating to me for the company -- they had to eat the loss.

Just my $.02, if you aren't happy with a product you should return it right away and not expect a company to give you a refund after a certain amount of time. Could this be why so many companies are getting stricter with their return policies?

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote