Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
Moda Dea Dream Mess - **UPDATE**
**UPDATE**
Well nothing like eating your words. I discovered a stack of mail (from our week of vacation) this morning that DH had left in a corner. I assumed most of it was junk mail but needed to sift through it anyway to shred certain things. Imagine my surprise upon opening a check from Coats and Clark refunding my money for the "Dream mess." I didn't contain a letter with any kind of explanation (or apology) but I'd rather have a check with no letter than a letter with no check. So I take back my boycotting of C&C. I'm really glad too. It's not a good feeling to think any company doesn't uphold customer service.

If any of you remember the mess I ended up with on the ruffle of a baby blanket for my daughter's baby shower, I thought I'd give you the update. Basically, there isn't one. I physically mailed (not e-mailed) developed photos and pieces of the removed ruffle to Moda Dea along with my letter describing my experience with their yarn. It's been over 6 weeks and I've heard nothing from them. Not an email, phone call, post card, nothing. (I included all that information in my letter.) AND I mailed it certified, so I know they received it. So much for customer service. Needless to say, I won't be supporting this company in the future.

(For those of you who don't know the story and are interested, more info on my blog.)

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry

Last edited by WandaT : 05-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Craw
Knitting the Flap

I saw your blog and what happened to the blanket. Oh the pain! I have quite a few balls of Dream here that I got for 99 cents each and I was planning to use it for the same thing...trim. Their website doesn't state how to wash it but from what happened to yours, it looks like it's not washable at all. You really deserved a response to your inquiry. Guess they are too big to care. That's sad. Doesn't Coats & Clark own Moda Dea? I had written to Coats & Clark once regarding their Super Saver yarn and got no response.
Craw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
WandaT
Instepping Out

Yup, C & C owns Moda Dea. A shame isn't it? Makes you really appreciate good customer service when you can find it.

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
bambi
Working the Gusset

Wanda, I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience with Moda Dea. Fortunately, you did not use it for the whole project and you were able to save the project!

I have washed paton's allure and it turned from a pretty fur like accent to a rather lumpy accent. Oh well! Luckily it is on something for me and not a gift.

I love your photography! I checked out that too while I was checking out your blog.

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bambi For This Useful Post:
WandaT (05-29-2009)
Old 05-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
kbagel
1st Leg of the Journey

I would try calling. I looked on their website and interestingly enough there is no e-mail address! Excuse my language but WTF! Anyways, here is the number...1-800-648-1479. Call and ask for a supervisor and explain the problem. It's a 1-800 number so it can't hurt to try.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
WandaT
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by kbagel View Post
I would try calling. It's a 1-800 number so it can't hurt to try.
Nope it certainly can't hurt. I just may have to put that on my to do list for next week. Thanks!

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
tokmom
Turning the Heel

your blanket is gorgeous! I'm glad they sent you a refund.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
bambi
Working the Gusset

Thanks for the update. Nice to know that even without a letter, they refunded your $$.

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote