Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
alca
Casting On

Dreams come true?
I am the head of the circle of handicrafts in the orphanage. In our circle, girls engage in different ages and different levels. They help each other to learn the secrets of knitting and sewing. But we have a problem - we do not have enough yarn spokes and hooks. My students are dreaming to be able to knit from the yarn good quality tools. Perhaps you do not have the time to send the yarn. We will be grateful to one dollar prislanomu at our expense
If you can help - send us a message on the website or by email to our club.
The girls are waiting for your participation.
Address of our homes - 86262, Ukraine, Donetsk obl., Shachterskiy rn., S. Dmitrovka, Street. Sadovaya, 3. The envelope please mark “Elena Orlova (for a circle of knitting)”

Our address dreams-yarn@hotmail.com

Last edited by alca : 06-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
alca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

have the mods checked this out to see if it's legit?

Last edited by MoniDew : 06-02-2009 at 11:30 AM.
MoniDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,765 Times in 7,133 Posts
She has more info posted on Ravelry. Website listed there as well.
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/remnants/662442/1-25#15

Since it seems to be about knitting supplies we are letting it go for now.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
alca
Casting On

Our children’s home called «Marichka» We have a circle of girls 6 to 16 years. Children are not very interesting to do something out of old material. A new yarn podhlestyvaet interest. Virtually no spokes, hooks and other accessories. The girl came with me to knit and no spokes! Out of thin bent prutikov anything in there (probably very old spokes someone).
Well, I gave one a hook, there is something in the studio. They are generally the problem is something to find. They lounge curtains gives remnants, pieces of fabric. And in general, help with something for needlework willing enough. The teacher called me, asked in the year to help, nothing could be done. So crumbs. A little bit of beads (as they weave a good, even with the names brasletiki наделали girls, ooh what are complex for the rehabilitation of, and they have one). Children are not very interesting to do something out of old material. A new yarn podhlestyvaet interest. Virtually no spokes, hooks and other accessories. The girl came with me to knit and no spokes! Out of thin bent prutikov anything in there (probably very old spokes someone).
We asked for help (but do not require it!) For those who can provide it. And hope for people who can not remain indifferent to the problems of children
http://keep4u.ru/full/2009/05/29/47f...910b852f6c/jpg
In 104 orphanage children. 45 boys and 59 girls. All the complex fate of the majority of children in an orphanage for many years. Very often, graduates of these shelters are very difficult to adapt to normal life. They do not know very basic things: how to boil an egg, how to pay for travel, utilities … They do not teach this.
I like the idea to give “no fish, and bait.” In principle, any gift, children become accustomed and even begin to compare them in order of importance (as well as all children in the world). The most terrible thing, when used consistently to obtain all necessary and did not learn to create it. I remember in one transfer children from an orphanage were told that after the departure of his adult life, they sincerely believed in the WTO, that chicken eggs are just steep, could not prepare the tea, because they do not see how this is done, etc. If you simply give them all the ready, they will be better now, but what will happen next?
So I try to give practical training. Children of such classes are like. There is a girl Tanya Solovyova, her 14 years. She is very talented. Itself creates its projects things, developing a scheme to them. Dreamed of becoming a designer dress. In group 3 there is a boy Nikolaev Ruslan, because he enjoys embroidery cross! Of the 4 groups of girls Chirka Alla, Tatiana Marchenko, Kovalinskaya Lada, Syrovatkina Diana made great strides in embroidery with beads and braiding Bead. This is a very, very talented. And there are still many children who can not engage in handicrafts, because they do not have enough tools, yarn, beads and fabrics.
We asked for help everywhere. Salon provides balances curtains, pieces of fabric. A little bit of beads collected from volunteers. The owner of the shop has a magazine with embroidery. And in general, help with something for needlework willing enough.
If there are questions - ask. If something personal - write in personal e-mail! Do not be afraid to help, if you truly want! All useful. There are setbacks, the more that children uneasy fate.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
I just want to mention, for safety's sake, you may not want to include home addresses on a public forum. In addition, it may not be wise to give the first and last names of the children in the orphanage.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #6
alca
Casting On

I did it for the opening of my intentions. If there is a chance that anyone can help, I do not want to miss this chance. I asked the children's permission. They agreed to find out about their hobbies.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,765 Times in 7,133 Posts
I've read the posts, but the translations can be a little confusing. So you need - yarn, knitting needles, and crochet hooks? Any particular type of yarn and size of hooks and needles?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #8
alca
Casting On

Our circle will be glad of any assistance. Children are not very interesting to do something out of old material. A new yarn makes them interesting. Virtually no knitting needles, crochet hooks and other accessories. The girl came with me to knit and no knitting needles! Out of thin bent prutikov anything in there (probably very old knitting needles someone).
Type of knitting needles and crochet hooks can be any.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
alca
Casting On

I want to speak to our pupils, Tanya Solovyova, her 14 years. It is very, very talented. Itself creates its projects things, developing a scheme to them. Dreamed of becoming a designer dress. This study only in Grade 6 with children 11 years old. Her parents were not allowed to go to school to Tanya. She began to attend school only in the orphanage at the age of 10 years. Very good school. Love to sew and knit.

Last edited by alca : 06-25-2009 at 08:17 AM.