Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #191
dturner
Turning the Heel

So glad to hear that your goal has been reached! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope all will be o.k. with her and her family.
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dturner For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-25-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #192
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

Thank you, dustinac, for generating this project to begin with...I got your Thank You Note today and really appreciate your kind words.

Good fortune to you, dustinac...you're a good soul.
gmmarton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gmmarton For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-25-2009)
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #193
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Thanks everyone

Julie~Wanted to let ya know that I rec'd your stockingts

My friend is also still in the hospital they are waiting for results on a liver test. I'm hoping to go visit her this week or get a room number for her. I was told last night that she has started to get a yellow tone to her...so I'm not sure what is going on...thank you all for your prayers and kind words....

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
momwolf (11-29-2009)
Old 11-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #194
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Congratulations! You all did an amazing job!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-01-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #195
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

I just wanted to update you all...my friend was able to come home they thought they had her stable...but she had a bad spell and now is in the Cleveland Clinic and they can't find out what is wrong. I'm meeting with her mom tomorrow to get her 1/2 of the items and then will get with the SA...not sure now if we will hand it out to the kids part of me feels like we should for her but part of me doesn't want to without her...she was so excited for this project. Please keep the prayers going she is about 2hrs away from us now so it's hard on the family making trips and keeping the kids in school

The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
momwolf (12-07-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #196
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
This is the first time I've peeked into this thread, but I've been noting the updates in the title as you all went along. That's great that your project reached its goal dustina!

Will hold some good thoughts for your friend and her family.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-07-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #197
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

So happy you were able to make your goal. I enjoyed knitting the stockings. I will definatly join you again, if you decide to do a repeat next year. Said a prayer for your friend.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmykid28 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-07-2009)
Old 12-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #198
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,135 Times in 706 Posts
So sorry to hear Jackie is still sick.But I think she would want you to give out the socks Take pictures for her and then she will be able to see how her hard work made sooooooo many children smile.
I think you deserve to see those smiling faces too.
Keep us informed about Jackie and you go and give out those socks to the children

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #199
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

I just wanted to update you all this is taken from my blog:

Huge Thank you from me to you

This is an update on the stocking project the picture above is my family room, it is buried under all the items waiting to go to the Salvation Army.

This is a sample of what they look like they contain: toys, candy, toothbrushes, and Christmas cards

My partner in crime has been very sick, since before Thanksgiving, during Thanksgiving break we hoped to get together and get all the stuff done and then hand them out when the children went shopping for their winter items.

However, my friend was in the hospital during Thanksgiving and then was released only to have to return to the Cleveland Clinic as they tried to figure out what was making her so ill. This was last weekend and I still had to find all of her items and see how far along she was. She is the out going one of us I'm the one in the back ground so I was more than lost. I made the calls to the Salvation Army on Monday and found out that they needed the items by Wednesday and Thursday, that was just impossible.

I met with my friend's mom on Tuesday and we sorted through some things and then I met with her again yesterday and we sorted through more things. I then brought the rest of the items home with me to finish up. I now will call the Salvation Army again and see when I can drop the items off to them. They will be handing out other items to the children on Dec. 22nd during school hours and I had already made promises to the school and can't make it. When I drop them off I will get pictures and post.

My friend is home but still needs a lot of prayers. Our main goal now is that she gets healthy and listens to the Drs (she got in trouble by me yesterday for carrying items down the steps)

I do want to thank you all for helping us reach our goal and providing donations of time, money, cards, candy, and hands. I can't say thank you enough it just doesn't seem big enough, but you guys are the best. We would have never have made it with out you all!

Molly
Hilde
Linda (her mom)
Jodee (her sister)
Linda (my mom)
Denise
VacShak
Momwolf
Jan in CA
and her friend
Dr. Kreuter
Linda's Card Club (her mom)
Luvmykids28
auburnchick
gmmarton
dturner
cindycactus
HollyP
Suzy girl
Jenny girl
mhansen
Vertigo1414
mommydearest
cricket22
Dimpledapple
Mulderknitter
PeattieWA
auntyem
Carma (I'm sorry if I butchered your name)
Carma's friend
crazedknitter

If I left out anyone please let me know and I will correct it. Thank you again from both of us and God Bless!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (12-11-2009), Dimpledapple (12-11-2009), gmmarton (12-12-2009), momwolf (12-11-2009), Mulderknitter (12-15-2009), PeattieWa (12-15-2009), Shandeh (12-19-2009), Vertigo1414 (12-13-2009)
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #200
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update you some more...I contacted the SA and they were set to take the items tomorrow...I'm now trying to get back in touch with them as we just rec'd word that my husband's grandmother passed away so we are heading to WV...so I need to drop them off today...I will get them there, I promise