Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

I can't believe we're back here, again!
as many of you know, our family recently received a request to help a young lady leave an abusive family. As a result, they filed a restraining order against my son, which the judge extended to include our entire family. The girl was returned to her home, in spite of our efforts to protect her.

we have just received word that the family intends to file kidnapping charges against my son - which, as you know, is a felony.

We desperately need your prayers, for protection from the evil one, for safety for the girl, for wisdom for the judge, and I could go on. Pray that somehow, some way, the truth would come to the surface, and that my son would be cleared. Thank you!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
I'm so sorry all this is happening to you! I will think positive thoughts for you!
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear! Thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
scout52
Working the Gusset

I'm so sorry.

You need to get an attorney ASAP. Is your son a minor? if so you may able to get an attorney pro bono. either way go to the Oklahoma state bar website. You can find a criminal attorney on there listed by city. You should also be find if there is any who work pro bono if your son is a minor. Many attorneys work pro bono for domestic abuse, abused child, and juvenile cases.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scout52 For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

Aw, Jeez! I'm so sorry to hear about this. This woman is a menace. I'd file harassment charges against her. I'm wondering if she's considering these other charges because her daughter talks about your son too much for her liking. She's crazy. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes are coming at you.
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine's Mom For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by scout52 View Post
I'm so sorry.

You need to get an attorney ASAP. Is your son a minor? if so you may able to get an attorney pro bono. either way go to the Oklahoma state bar website. You can find a criminal attorney on there listed by city. You should also be find if there is any who work pro bono if your son is a minor. Many attorneys work pro bono for domestic abuse, abused child, and juvenile cases.
We were fortunate enough, the last time, to have the assistance of the DVIS (domestic violence) attorneys in locating a pro bono attorney for my son. We are going to contact him again for this new charge. Thank you for your suggestions.

FYI: My son is just barely 18, and the girl is within 2 months of 18. That's why they are in a rush to get this done. They want my son locked up before the daughter turns 18, so she can't leave them and run to him. It's calculated. That's what they're good at.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Sunshine's Mom View Post
Aw, Jeez! I'm so sorry to hear about this. This woman is a menace. I'd file harassment charges against her. I'm wondering if she's considering these other charges because her daughter talks about your son too much for her liking. She's crazy. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes are coming at you.
Right!

My fear is, that if I press charges against them, they will retaliate, and this will just keep escalating until doomsday. I'm not into that. It would be nice if the judge would stop them from filing all these bogus charges, tho'. I think I may ask the lawyer what we can do. Meantime, I'm going to ignore their petty ridiculousness and keep refocusing them on the original problem. GET THAT FATHER HELP.

And, yes, I'm sure she still loves my son. Even though he is not allowed any communication with her, she has no such restrictions. She calls and gives him lengthy updates by voice mail, knowing full well he cannot even acknowledge he has received them. She's been an angel and a trouper throughout this whole thing. BTW: She does the same thing on my daughter's phone, too.

I love this girl. She's really amazing. Her family is so insane, tho'. I don't know what to do. My heart is so broken about this whole thing.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Heavenly Father, please be with Monica and her son and family, protect them, and see them through this horrible situation.

Monica, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope and pray that your son makes it through this situation unscathed.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
scout52
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by MoniDew View Post
Right!

And, yes, I'm sure she still loves my son. Even though he is not allowed any communication with her, she has no such restrictions. She calls and gives him lengthy updates by voice mail, knowing full well he cannot even acknowledge he has received them. She's been an angel and a trouper throughout this whole thing. BTW: She does the same thing on my daughter's phone, too.
I hope you kept these. If not please from now on keep ANY communications from her. You will need ALL documentations as proof that it was not a kidnapping. You can only kidnap someone if they do not want to go with you Obviously she loves your son. You NEED that proof. Keep all phone records as proof your son is not calling her. Keep all phone records as proof she is calling you. Get a digital recorder to get a back up recording of her voice messages.

Your son should probably document his day as best as possible to show he is not going anywhere near her. Receipts, pics, always with another person as an alibi. If you can document that he has been upholding the restraining order even after she is calling him and he still loves her then its more proof.

What you have going for you is her. She is your star witness. She went to your house willingly and didn't want to leave.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scout52 For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
MoniDew (06-11-2009)