Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
My vacation to San Fran is in a few days
Hi everyone, I posted this a few months back...anyway I will be in the Bay area (San Fran) on Saturday for about 10 days...I would love to visit some Lys around San Rafael, Sonoma and the Bay.. (those are the areas of my travels).. Any suggestions out there???? Thanks alot
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
JessicaR
Turning the Heel
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cornville USA (Iowa)
Posts: 669
Thanks: 163
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Take me, take me, take me!!!
__________________
We're all adults here. Wait, when did that happen?!?! And how do we get it to stop?!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Dimpledapple
Turning the Heel
 
Dimpledapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 435
Thanked 478 Times in 366 Posts
I live in the Peninsula so I've only been to two stores in SF: ImagiKnit and Greenwich Yarn.

ImagiKnit (Castro area) was my favorite. Huge selection and reasonable prices. Since I went when they were having a sale, their prices were great! Oh, and did I mention: they have plenty of mmmmalabrigo. The one con, according to a friend, is that apparently they have an employee who is flat-out rude. Luckily, I didn't encounter this person and my experience there was quite enjoyable!

Greenwich Yarn (Marina area) is -- I think, don't hold me to this -- the oldest yarn shop in San Francisco. They've been open for about 30 years! The store is pretty small and their selection is a little limited, compared to ImagiKnit's, but the owner, Laurie, was a sweetheart! Interestingly enough, when my friend (same one as above) went she found Laurie to be a rather cold and aloof. Hmmm, maybe my friend brings out the worst in people?

Anyhow, hope that helps. Have a wonderful time visiting California and if possible, try to visit a vineyard or two. We have the best Cabernet Sauvignons in the world -- a little Cali pride here
Dimpledapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimpledapple View Post
I live in the Peninsula so I've only been to two stores in SF: ImagiKnit and Greenwich Yarn.

ImagiKnit (Castro area) was my favorite. Huge selection and reasonable prices. Since I went when they were having a sale, their prices were great! Oh, and did I mention: they have plenty of mmmmalabrigo. The one con, according to a friend, is that apparently they have an employee who is flat-out rude. Luckily, I didn't encounter this person and my experience there was quite enjoyable!

Greenwich Yarn (Marina area) is -- I think, don't hold me to this -- the oldest yarn shop in San Francisco. They've been open for about 30 years! The store is pretty small and their selection is a little limited, compared to ImagiKnit's, but the owner, Laurie, was a sweetheart! Interestingly enough, when my friend (same one as above) went she found Laurie to be a rather cold and aloof. Hmmm, maybe my friend brings out the worst in people?

Anyhow, hope that helps. Have a wonderful time visiting California and if possible, try to visit a vineyard or two. We have the best Cabernet Sauvignons in the world -- a little Cali pride here
Thank you...Oh yes, Napa is on the top of the list
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Dimpledapple
Turning the Heel
 
Dimpledapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 435
Thanked 478 Times in 366 Posts
Excellent!! Hope you have a blast and let us know how it went
Dimpledapple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimpledapple For This Useful Post:
cheley (06-16-2009)
Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimpledapple View Post
Excellent!! Hope you have a blast and let us know how it went
Made it to Imaginknits yesterday....Yikes what an adventure (driving that is)...we spent alot of "time" finding the place and parking, so I only got about 20 minutes to graze...AWESOME PLACE...I purchased 2 circs...one is US8 9...(looks good for socks) and the other is a US8 12...maybe hats....but the yarns in there are mouth watering .... and I must say a very lovely area (Castro)
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
Dimpledapple
Turning the Heel
 
Dimpledapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 435
Thanked 478 Times in 366 Posts
Ah yes, beautiful SF with its traffic and windy, one-way, no-parking streets. There's a reason I stay in the Peninsula But I'm glad you found it and had a good time! Been to Napa yet? Keep us posted!
Dimpledapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #8
cheley
Working the Gusset
 
cheley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,475
Thanks: 354
Thanked 187 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimpledapple View Post
Ah yes, beautiful SF with its traffic and windy, one-way, no-parking streets. There's a reason I stay in the Peninsula But I'm glad you found it and had a good time! Been to Napa yet? Keep us posted!
Yes!! Yes!! Been to Napa twice (this vacation)..The Nascar race was going on (OMG wish I woulda arranged for ticks before hand)...Went too the "Castle" (twice) what else can I say? How bout this: first stop was ROCHE Winery... I noticed a car in the p/lot with plates that said hand (the actual image of a hand)made knts..couldn't figure it out..DH read it..well turns out the "owner"s daughter knits scarfs and hats and "sells" them in the winery.....HOW COOL Is THAT??? A scarf or hat made by a "Roche" I think her name is "Carrie... I LOVE CALIFORNIA....
__________________

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Dimpledapple
Turning the Heel
 
Dimpledapple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 604
Thanks: 435
Thanked 478 Times in 366 Posts
Nice to hear California has been good to you I mean, great wine and knitting? That is too cool!!
Dimpledapple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimpledapple For This Useful Post:
cheley (06-23-2009)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanna meet up in San Fran?? cheley Knitters Knear You 0 03-23-2009 08:33 AM
Little help with Fran's Hooded Baby Sweater please Snowbaby How-to Questions 2 01-30-2008 05:31 PM
Fran's hooded baby sweater help Snowbaby How-to Questions 7 01-30-2008 10:58 AM
Yarn Stores in Oakland/San Fran feministmama General Knitting 1 06-02-2006 03:42 PM
Four days, three FOs aylaanne What'cha Knittin'? 25 04-11-2006 02:27 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.