Old 05-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
If you like the Sims...
...and Susan Boyle check this out! It's done on Sims 3.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/videos.jsp

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
LadyFirelyght
Knitting the Flap

I'm so excited about Sims3! I preordered it and am getting release day delivery. Woooooooooooooo!

(fun video, too!)
Old 05-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by LadyFirelyght View Post
I'm so excited about Sims3! I preordered it and am getting release day delivery. Woooooooooooooo!
Me, too!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 05-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

Can't wait- I love the Sims!

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
JustAFloridaGirl
1st Leg of the Journey

I love the Sims, as well, but I have a feeling the Sims 3 is going to be disappointing.

I like the idea of some of the changes proposed (such as getting rid of the Fears, as well as the Comfort and Environment bars) but the idea of the seamless neighborhood is bugging me. While, yes, it's a nice idea in theory, especially since it eliminates load times, it also makes it so that all your Sims in the neighborhood will continue to live and age, even if you're not playing them. I don't like that idea. I usually have very specific plans for my Sims but sometimes will go a long period of time without playing them, while I play other Sims. I'm afraid that if I do that with Sims 3 then half my Sims will die before I can do anything with them!

It also doesn't look like there's anything new or special to do with your Sims yet in Sims 3. If you're like me and you have all the Sims 2 expansion packs, you can make your Sims live a more interesting life in Sims 2 than in Sims 3 so far. They're definitely going to need some expansion packs pretty quick for Sims 3.

I know for sure we're not getting The Sims 3 on the release date, regardless of whether we think it'll be disappointing or not. I'm not interested in dealing with any bugs it might have. I'll wait until they get any major issues resolved and there are at least a few expansion packs. And even then, who knows? I'm still happy with my Sims 2.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Really? I hate that they live in there little house alone in the neighborhood. I don't like that they can't just walk to a friends, but have to waste time and energy waiting for a friend to come over or I have to go play the other friends to get them to invite them. I think the changes are good and will be a lot of fun to play. If you're happy with #2 though go for it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

It won't work on my PC

I play Sims 2 University cos that is the only expansion pack that I can get to work - well Nightlife might work now my processor is faster. I just can't afford to upgrade my PC so that it will work. I will buy it one day, a few years down the line when I give up and buy a whole new pc. Let me know what you guys think of it so I can decide if its worth the upgrade.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
Angieknits
Ribbing the Cuff

I love the sims2 and had all of the Sims original along with 2 sims2
ps2 games, but after all the bugs they've had with The Sims2 EPs...I'm leary. Very leary! I have all of the EPs for TS2, except for bon voyage, and Apartment Life, and all the stuff packs except for Ikea stuff and Celebration Stuff. I have Free Time, but I've seen so many bugs with these 3 EPs that I'm afraid to download them to my computer and have a crashed computer every time I try to play. I actually got Free Time for free from EA in their B2GO offer, but as I have dial-up that is super slow, I can't download the patches for these games.... they don't really think about those of us out in the boonies with no alternative for internet other than Satellite internet.. and with a budget.. I can't afford it. heck I can't even use my cell phone for internet because I don't get signal except for one place in my home I'm so far out.

Does anyone know how I can get the patches for these games without buying the next game? I really just want to play free time.
Angieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
Oh I so can't wait...have the collectors ed coming to me...

I actually am intrigued by the neighbourhood. I was actually frustraited in Sims 2 over wanting to play one family of Sims...then having to go around and age other families of Sims cause the one I was playing with moved up a stage...

Can't wait...Tuesday!!!

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
LadyFirelyght
Knitting the Flap

Angieknits: If you wanted, I could burn the patches you need to a CD and send them to you?
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyFirelyght For This Useful Post:
Angieknits (06-01-2009)