Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
WolfWalker
Ribbing the Cuff

In a way it's kinda a blessing that these two died on the very same day. At least Farah's family can mourn their loss in peace while all the media hound MJ's family.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
NikitaShera
1st Leg of the Journey

Did anyone think that people use the "child molestation" issues to seek money from him since he's a high profile celebrity and he has lots of money.

I think he was forced to grow up and work at a young age and he never had a childhood, i don't think we should judge him.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NikitaShera For This Useful Post:
cdjack (06-27-2009), KnittingNat (07-01-2009), LadyFirelyght (06-28-2009), Luvmyrottnboy (06-30-2009), scout52 (06-30-2009), Sunshine's Mom (06-29-2009)
Old 06-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #13
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,644 Times in 7,046 Posts
Originally Posted by NikitaShera View Post
Did anyone think that people use the "child molestation" issues to seek money from him since he's a high profile celebrity and he has lots of money.

I think he was forced to grow up and work at a young age and he never had a childhood, i don't think we should judge him.
Yes. I think there is a good possibility of that. I can't judge him either and in any case regardless the family is the one left behind. I feel for them.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
cdjack (06-27-2009), scout52 (06-30-2009)
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
LadyFirelyght
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by NikitaShera View Post

Not to mention the fact that he was found not guilty of the charges by a jury.

I don't believe in speaking ill of the dead. RIP MJ, Ed, and Farrah.
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyFirelyght For This Useful Post:
scout52 (06-30-2009)
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
I guess the coroners are gonna keep picking at his remains until they are satisfied how and why Mr. Jackson died. It seems suspicious from what I've heard on the news.

Let's face it, for years and years, everything has gone south for Michael Jackson. Now it's just about as far south as it can get.

Not commenting on his private life...but his ability to sing and perform were unparalleled! No one will ever forget his music. Kinda like Elvis Presley's music, and the music of the Beatles. They were all one-of-a-kind. Elvis's private life went south, too.

Artlady at Rav
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #16
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,644 Times in 7,046 Posts
DH and I were lamenting that we didn't see him in concert before he died.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 06-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Ok, I just have to say something...Typically I'd probably keep my mouth shut on the issue of MJ, but, possibly because I'm dealing with a death in my own family (the same day MJ and Farrah died) I feel so inclined to say something in regards to the media hype surrounding MJ.

I'm sorry but I just cannot mourn the loss of him. Is it sad? Yes, death is a sad thing, but, despite him being found "not guilty" by a jury, he still settled with a family for something like 20 million dollars, at some point. If you were totally innocent of such charges, would you settle for 20 million?! What's there to settle if you're truly not guilty?!

Even if he was truly not guilty, at the least, he had some weird obsession with young boys.

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument about this topic and like I said, typically I wouldn't say a word and probably the only reason I have is because of my frame of mind dealing with the death in my family but I'm just tired of hearing about him and how great he was.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
GinnyG (06-29-2009)
Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #18
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Did everybody hear that Billy Mays died today too?!?! What the heck is going on???
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
WolfWalker
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Did everybody hear that Billy Mays died today too?!?! What the heck is going on???
I too heard this. Here's what I've read so far about him. Please note I'm not saying that he died from a head injury, just repeating what I've read so far.

"U.S. Airways confirmed Sunday that Mays was among the passengers on a flight that made a rough landing on Saturday afternoon at Tampa International Airport, leaving debris on the runway after apparently blowing its front tires.

Tampa Bay's Fox television affiliate interviewed Mays after the incident.

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," MyFox Tampa Bay quoted him as saying. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

Debra in NC
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Well if celebs die in 3s and it started with Ed McMan, then Farrah and Wacko Jacko. Then who's after Billy??? Maybe infomercial people die in groups too??? Yikes!