Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
downthestream
Ribbing the Cuff

yarn over between purl and knit
I am working on the Lacy Ribbed Top in Creative Knitting. One of the repeats is *k2, yo, p3, yo* and the second yo is the one causing me some grief here. If I wind the yarn around the right needle like i do the first one, the stitch is backwards when i get to the next row. If I leave the yarn in front after the purl and knit the next stitch, the eyelet looks a lot smaller than the first one. There are a lot of rows with eyelets in similar patterns so I would like them to look comparable. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
downthestream is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
A YO is wrapped around the needle the same direction as a knit st, and I wonder if you're wrapping the sts wrong. When I do a full wrap from a knit to a purl (yarn to front, over the needle and to the front again to purl) it makes the YO a lot larger than just taking the yarn over the top of the needle loosely to purl the next st. That way is what makes it backwards, but I just work it tbl on the next row and it comes out about the same size as a YO between 2 knits.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
downthestream (07-08-2009)