Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
nadiamaresca
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to nadiamaresca
stuck on pattern
Hi, I am trying to make little black dress for my grandma,s dog and its an easy quick knit. Its seperated on parts. I knitt the Back with no problem. Then I knitt the ruffles which attach to the back and now I wanted to move to next piece which is fron. When I started yesterday I got stuck right at the beggining. There are instruction for back.:

Cast on 10sts for neck and work in st st. Increase one st at each end of fifth row. Continue in st st, increasing 1st at each end of each following sixth {RS} row until there are 20sts. Continue working in st st until piece measures about 7"long. Bind off on next {RS} row.
I dont understand what means continue in st st, increasing 1st at each end of fifth row.. ??? and after..?? Can anybody tell me whats that mean?? How many fifth row is there?? Once I made fifth row I increase 1st. but then what?? should I continue on st. stich..and when should I increase again.. ?
nadiamaresca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Cast on 10 sts and begin to work in stockinette st. On the 5th row, inc one sts at the beg and end of the row, then keep knitting in st st and inc at the beg and end of rows 11, 17, 23, etc (every 6th row since the last inc row) until you have 20 sts. Then keep knitting stockinette until it's 7" from the cast on and BO on the next knit row.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
nadiamaresca (07-02-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
nadiamaresca
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to nadiamaresca
Ohhh my god.. thank you sooo much.. I feel soo stupid..I had no idea that it means that. I was really sad last night I had to stop. I know forum is my only help. Thanx sooo much again. I am gonna do it right now.. cannt wait to continue.
nadiamaresca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
It just takes some practice in reading patterns. Many of them use standard terms (more or less), so the more you read and follow them, the easier it gets to interpret them.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote