Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Veganknit
Casting On

socks on one small circular...how to??
I am a brand new sock knitter and purchased a small circular needle (9 inch cord) and want to knit one sock at a time on the circular instead of dealing with DPNs...I have never knitted socks before though and so I don't know how to "interpret" the pattern: what I do with the heel stitches etc. etc...anyone out there that has done this before and would be willing to answer questions please let me know! I really want to try this method but don't want to have to go it alone!

Thanks.
Sue
Veganknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
motherpink
1st Leg of the Journey

Click on the view video then at the top of the window, then type in heal on a sock in the search bit on the top right hand corner. I'd tried to link it but it's not coming up the way I wanted it.

I hoped that helped you in some way
motherpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
There is so little space on those cables I think you might have to take the stitches not involved in the heel off the needle and put them on waste yarn first.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
thecanfield
Ribbing the Cuff

Iíve used a 9in needle before and itís not really that different than reg circs if youíre doing the short row heel then place markers and knit back and forth like you normally would. if your doing the gusseted place half the sts on a holder and start the heel flap as normal, when you finish turning the heel and have to pick up the sts for the gusset part you will have to squeeze the sts on the needle a bit until youíve decreased back to your normal number.
I was nervous at first but one thing I have knitting in general is to just go for it when you run into a spot that is kind of confusing you can kind of picture where you need to go next.

And as always if you have a question, you know where to find us.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My Knitting Gallery
http://thecanfieldknits.com

-=-=- OTN -=-=-=-=-
Striped Socks (helix method) for GF
Twined Striped Scarf
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
thecanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thecanfield For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-10-2009)