Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
aliceknitty
Casting On

fixing mistakes made in beaded rib stitch
hello!
I'm wondering if anyone can hlp me I'm making a cardigan from the Rowan catalogue (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3467/...c0ed9b7153.jpg) and this is the first time I've used beaded rib i made a mistake and took the needle out ( very stupidly) when I was doing the first band up the front and have no idea how to put the needle back into beaded rib stitch can anyone fill me in?

Any help would be brilliant as I've been working on this a while and am lost now that I'm stuck on it!

Thanks in advance!
aliceknitty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,838 Posts
It's had to see from the picture what the beaded rib stitch is, but by Googling, I found this:

Row 1: Purl 2, *knit 1, purl 1, knit 1, purl 2. Repeat from * across.
Row 2: Knit 2, *purl 3, knit 2. Repeat from * across.

When I make a mistake and take out my needles, I get them back into the loop any way that's fastest to avoid losing any. Then, when I work the next row, if a stitch is twisted, then I slip it off and put it back on the correct way. You can tell if it's twisted by 1) it just doesn't feel right when you put your needle in or 2) the front 'leg' of the stitch is not over to the right.

Is this answering your question?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
aliceknitty
Casting On

the beaded rib for this pattern was
k1 p1 k1 p1 then the next row was
p1 k1 into the above stitch and so on

so I've bin having real trouble gettin the needles in any way i was hoping google might have a diagram of it or something but Ive given it a go the problem is he wools pretty chunky and the pattern makes it very difficult to put the needles in with confidence you havn't missed a loop in the pattern I'm going to try and give it another shot now thank you for your hlp though its good to have a reference for which side the legs of the stitches hang on and apologies if my problem is hard to decipher I'm not used to talking knitting as much as I love to knit!

Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
It's had to see from the picture what the beaded rib stitch is, but by Googling, I found this:

Row 1: Purl 2, *knit 1, purl 1, knit 1, purl 2. Repeat from * across.
Row 2: Knit 2, *purl 3, knit 2. Repeat from * across.

When I make a mistake and take out my needles, I get them back into the loop any way that's fastest to avoid losing any. Then, when I work the next row, if a stitch is twisted, then I slip it off and put it back on the correct way. You can tell if it's twisted by 1) it just doesn't feel right when you put your needle in or 2) the front 'leg' of the stitch is not over to the right.

Is this answering your question?
aliceknitty is offline   Reply With Quote