Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Yeah, it just feels like it's unfair somehow! Thanks!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Zina, so sorry you're down in the mouth...being sick is bad enough, but being sick in the summer time is double yucky. Sure hope you get better real soon.
Mary
Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Thanks, Mary -- luckily, I'm in Ireland...summer is a rather different beast here than in most places I'm used to!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #14
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
We're here for you, Zina!

You may have temporarily lost your ZEAL to knit, but you haven't lost your sense of humor! You always make me smile! Even when you're feeling lousy, you don't make other people feel lousy!

Can I come and be your neighbor?

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #15
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Oh well, Dollyce, since I'm actually homeless at the moment, maybe I can come live near you.

You know, that makes me think about the fact that one of the things I love about being online is I can be a much nicer person than in real life -- much harder to say things without thinking, which I do regularly in person, I'm afraid.

I was online yesterday and saw someone who has an avatar of themself with a hand over their mouth. I was thinking I should do that to remind me to watch what I say more carefully...

Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Oh, and another thing! I do this every time I have sinusitis (which is almost every cold I ever have). Every time I have it, I swear that I'm never going to take clear and open sinuses and nasal passages for granted again. Then I'm healthy for a couple of weeks and forget about it.

Everybody, wherever you are, take a nice big clear sniff and thank God/the universe/Karma/whatever for your nice clear sinuses!

Old 07-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
Vertigo1414
Knitting the Flap

i can feel your pain. i had the past week off from work and i was looking forward to finishing up some projects...turns out it was the hottest week this year in Massachusetts. it was to hot to think let alone knit. damn weather
hope you feel better
Northeast Oddball Baby Blankets
Oddball Pet Snuggles

Vertigo's Knits-My blog
Vertigo1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #18
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Knock on wood -- I hate hot weather, and while everyone else is complaining about hot weather being not too common this summer in Dingle, I'm pretty happy with it.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
mwhite
Instepping Out

Are you able to knit now?
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I actually tried a few rows out on my cardi. Then I re-blocked the bottom bit...and have now found a place that I somehow missed that I messed up the pattern and will have to drop the stitches down to fix about 3/4 of the way down.