Old 07-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Time2ski
Casting On

Cabled Raglan baby sweater!
I am working on the Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater (Interweave Knits) and I am actually stuck on row 3of the body.
I have knit the yoke piece and realize that you garter the bands for 5 stitches all the way through the pattern but when I start on Row 3, am I doing the patt. for 14 stitches (size I picked) and then do stockinette all the way around until I hit the cabled portion again, which would be 14 stitches total? Does anyone get my question? I don't want to pull it out again cuz the yarn is getting frayed.
Time2ski is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Is it this one? It sure looks like that's what you do. I guess the cables are only on the front and would be continued down from the yoke.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Time2ski
Casting On

Yeah, that is the one. I actually worked through row 3 and now I am stuck on row 4. I usually have to walk away and come back so i can figure the pattern out. Sometimes the pattern seems different to me if I have taken a break from it. Do you have stuff on ravelry? Tess
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

I finally posted a few items the other day. Mostly pics of things I made my new GD last winter.

Wouldn't row 4 be a WS row and you just knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Time2ski
Casting On

Baby cable cont.
Suzeeq, Actually row 4 is the pattern for that eccentric cable and I went ahead and knitted those 5 garter stitches on the end and then did the cable and then they having me increase before the marker, after the marker, and knit cross back of sweater and then repeat the cable on the other side. Since it's in the round, it's a bit tougher or at least for me it is.
So, I am stuck just after you do the cable.
If your like me, I have to actually see the work before I know how to help. Thanks, Tess

PS-what part of Wyoming?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
suzeeq
Knit On!

It doesn't look like it's in the round, unless you're making it as a pullover...?

If you want to post row 4 here, we can help you with that.

I'm in Casper.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Mirl56
Instepping Out

Do you mean since it's on circular needles it's tough for you? It's not a circular pattern, you treat the circular needles like they are 2 needles, at the end of each row you turn and work back the other way like you would if using regular straignt needles. Is it seem difficult for you cause it's your first time working w/circular needles?

"...Actually row 4 is the pattern for that eccentric cable and I went ahead and knitted those 5 garter stitches on the end and then did the cable and then they having me increase before the marker, after the marker, and knit cross back of sweater and then repeat the cable on the other side. Since it's in the round, it's a bit tougher or at least for me it is.
So, I am stuck just after you do the cable."
Are you stuck after the first cable or the 2nd one?
As you work across the row, after the 1st cable, there should be 4 markers total around the needle. The first 2 markers after the 1st cable - the stitches between them will become the sleeve. Then there are 2 markers closer to the other end - the stitches between these will be the other sleeve.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
Time2ski
Casting On

cabled Raglan sweater
Mirl56,

Ok! I just got done with work so let me grab my work and go through that again. I understand that it's knit on circular needles from the top down. Let me work through. Thanks, Tess