Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #21
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Chrysee View Post
I would think if I were going to steal something out of a library book I would do so at the library without checking the item out. At least, that seems the sneakiest option. No connection to you at all then.

That's why when I worked at an academic library, we did not necessarily go after the last person who checked out an item if it was damaged.
I didn't think about that. I was just thinking that if they saw a bunch of books that had been checked out to a particular person coming up with missing pages, they could take action. I know I sure wouldn't want to be the person that checked out a book before/after someone cut it up and have to take the blame! I always take things up to the front in stores that are damaged too. (You would not believe how many people steal ball-bands from yarn for the free pattern! They could just go to the website for it most of the time too-DUH!)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!