Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #31
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Christine
I just got back from some shopping and my two cats came running in. They were both excited; they had been on Furry Faced Book (the social network for pets). They had checked Boots' page (they heard we were knitting friends and looked up Boots some time ago). Shadow (the lady) said that Boots' had posted about your accident and how much he missed you. Socks (Shadows brother) said the Boots had posted that you are getting better and that made him very, very happy.

Both Shadow and Socks wanted to do something to cheer you up, Shadow suggested a mouse, but I told her that it would be hard to get the mouse through customs. Then Socks went and got a couple of cat treats he was saving and offered them. I thanked both Shadows and Socks for the gift and said I would send it along to you.

They ran off to get on Furry Faced Book to tell Boots that they had sent you a present.

I will send the treats along once you get a little better, but I wanted you to know about them if Boots asks.

Get well, get back to knitting and get back on line.

cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #32
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Any updates on Christine?

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
cacunn
Instepping Out

This was posted on Any Sock KAL II

UPDATE!(Aug 26) Mom is doing ok. She got rid of the roommate that ws keeping her up at nighttime, and with the help of a sleeping aid was able to get 6 hours of sleep last night! To keep the happy news coming, they may have figured out the right combination for her pain meds. They are adjusted everyday, but yesterday her Pain Dr. said they finally had it right! YAY! The anitibiotic they are giving her for the pnueomonia in the right lung seems to be working and there is no more crackle. It seems to be good news all around! Mom still enjoys hearing the messages. It pleases her to know that so many people are pulling for her to recover quickly. Thank you so very much to each and every one of you who have joined this group, left a message, sent a card, or sent well wishes. They really do mean so much to Mom, Frank and I! With Love, Frank and Tanya

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (08-30-2009), bambi (08-29-2009), WolfWalker (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #34
bambi
Working the Gusset

Our continued prayers!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #35
cindycactus
Turning the Heel

I have been following this thread and praying for Christine. So glad she is doing better. Sending more prayers for her complete recovery. Miss seeing her posts here.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #36
Sewing Angel
Knitting the Flap

I am glad she is doing better. It can be tedious getting all of the meds right, but it sounds like she's on the right track now. I will be thinking of you all and praying for you all.
Angel
Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #37
cacunn
Instepping Out

Update 10-29 and 10-31
UPDATE! (Aug 29) Mom didn't have a great day today. She was very up and down. The Dr is still keeping her very medicated, and she still isn't making much sense. Mom is still having issues with her oxygen levels and blood pressures. Both of them are still too low to let her off the oxygen and I.V. On a plus note, they did some mild rehab with her today, and she was able to stand using the coolest walker I have ever seen, and lift one foot off the floor ever so slightly. What a tremendous accomplishment! Even the Therapist had tears in her eyes! I re-read Mom ALL the messages on this group's wall. Some of them brought us to tears. Please send more messages, as they seem to really brighten her day. If I can bring her happiness, I will do it! You write them and I'll read them! Much love, Frank and Tanya

UPDATE (Aug 31) Mom had a really good day today. When I got there she was taken off of the oxygen, and was able to keep it off for the day. As long as she remembers to stop, breathe in through her nose and out through her mouth she does fine. That's a little bit more tricky to do when she's doing her physio though. During Mom's physio today she took 9 STEPS! It's a good thing I was behind her, because I cried like an idiot. I'm so proud of all her accomplishments, no matter how small they seem to her. She never says no when they ask her to do something. If she does something wrong, she wants to know why it's wrong and how to fix it. She is very determined that she will get out of the Hospital before they believe she will. I would like to thank everyone for all the positive messages and cards. They really have meant the world to Mom. I read them to her on a daily basis, and it gives her the motivation to carry on (especially on a hard day)! A special thanks goes out to Carolyn A. who created a wonderful photo album espcially for Mom. I can't wait to show it to her. I know she'll love it. With Much Love, Frank and Tanya

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Jeremy (09-02-2009)
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
cacunn
Instepping Out

Christine Murphy September 4 at 6:22pm Reply
I can't believe all the members! I can't believe all the beautiful comments, and love pouring out onto the pages. I think when I'm better I'll have a party and we'll get everybody together. Thank you to each and every one of you for the prayers, for the good wishes, for the support, and for helping Tanya through a hard time.

I will be thrilled to give you the update today! Today I walked ten metres, sat up in a wheelchair for 3 hours, and I did physio! The Physiotherapist said I did really well. I went out in the sunshine, and it felt great. Up until we got attacked by a killer hornet that was very determined to get Tanya. He must have liked her new top.

Through situations like this a person finds out just who truly matters most to them, and who they can count on in life, and who is truly a friend. I am amazed by the amount of friends who put out their hands to help Tanya during this difficult time, and have put our their hands to lift me up through all of this. I will never forget those of you who have shown us love and support.

Hugs (albeit gentle ones),
Christine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
bambi (09-10-2009), WolfWalker (09-09-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #39
cacunn
Instepping Out

Posted by a member of Any Sock KAL 2

" I spoke with Christine again today and she sounded so much better. She really wants to be out of the hospital but knows it will be a long time yet. A lot of therapy ahead."

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
bambi (09-10-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 AM   #40
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Christine, you sound go good. I know how hard PT is, keep up the good work!

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote