Old 08-22-2009, 05:17 AM   #11
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
My mouth just dropped open; $10,000.00? I love my dogs, but couldn't do that, glad your CC is that good.

A very good friend of ours has spent over $7,000.00 having his dog treated for non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and then the unappreciative little mutt turned around and killed the neighbors chihuahua. This cost him another $2500.00. My DH and I would have gotten rid of the animal a long time ago. It was bad enough having to pay hundreds of dollars to have my Norwegian Buhunds anal glands removed years ago.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
Luvmyrottnboy
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Debkcs View Post
My mouth just dropped open; $10,000.00? I love my dogs, but couldn't do that, glad your CC is that good.

A very good friend of ours has spent over $7,000.00 having his dog treated for non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and then the unappreciative little mutt turned around and killed the neighbors chihuahua. This cost him another $2500.00. My DH and I would have gotten rid of the animal a long time ago. It was bad enough having to pay hundreds of dollars to have my Norwegian Buhunds anal glands removed years ago.

Personally, unless I can get close to a 100% guarantee of a cure or a good quality of life for a good long time, I would not treat a dog for cancer. And I didn't. I had to send my boy to the Bridge last May because of rectal cancer. I just have seen too many instances where the poor dog doesn't gain a thing from treatment and I promised my Cyrus I would never put him through it.

That being said, "the unappreciative little mutt" very well could have attacked that poor little chihuahua because he was in pain.

And I am sorry if I sound snarky but I have a real issue with the phrase "gotten rid of". They aren't old furniture.

I personally feel if I make a committment to a pet, I will honor that committment. That's why I always recommend building up some savings BEFORE adopting.

Denise

Mom to the late Cyrus the Fluffweiler CGC forever in my heart and James the Alpha cat
Luvmyrottnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvmyrottnboy For This Useful Post:
melmac51 (08-24-2009), scout52 (09-08-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jdee View Post
"Finding out your cat doesn't have skin cancer....Priceless."

This made it easier for me to deal with the expense.
Praise God, you are right! These little creatures are such a blessing, frankly no expense is too great as far as I'm concerned, they are all priceless!

AND I might add, that with each new thing we deal with I find I become more & more knowledgeable. My vet said I caught a heart arrhythmia on my Peanut by just listening (no stethoscope) which most vets would have missed. Not tooting my own horn here, but trying to show how the more we have to deal with, the more we learn, and the more we can later deal with on our own.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arielluria For This Useful Post:
jdee (09-02-2009), Luvmyrottnboy (09-02-2009)
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
jdee
Working the Gusset

Well, I don't know what to think. Miss Abby's chin is still broke out. The swelling is down, but the bumps and discoloration are still there. She has another appointment for tomorrow. I hope he doesn't tell me that it's not acne, but skin cancer after all. I'm hoping and praying that's not the case.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Luvmyrottnboy
Knitting the Flap

Well, I don't know what to think. Miss Abby's chin is still broke out. The swelling is down, but the bumps and discoloration are still there. She has another appointment for tomorrow. I hope he doesn't tell me that it's not acne, but skin cancer after all. I'm hoping and praying that's not the case.
Prayers and good thoughts for Miss Abby.

Denise

Mom to the late Cyrus the Fluffweiler CGC forever in my heart and James the Alpha cat
Old 09-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
jdee
Working the Gusset

She's fine. He prescribed an oral antibiotic for her. He said that lots of times, feline acne can develope secondary infections, and it just takes longer to treat. So it still doesn't look like skin cancer.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
Luvmyrottnboy
Knitting the Flap

She's fine. He prescribed an oral antibiotic for her. He said that lots of times, feline acne can develope secondary infections, and it just takes longer to treat. So it still doesn't look like skin cancer.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Give her a scritch for me.

Denise

The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmyrottnboy For This Useful Post:
jdee (09-08-2009)
Old 09-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #18
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Hooray!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arielluria For This Useful Post:
jdee (09-08-2009)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
scout52
Working the Gusset

I have 2 cats. one for 8 years. I NEVER knew cats can get pimples. LOL. who knew?

My most expensive vet bill made me hysterical. I felt like the worst mommy ever. My cat likes to sit by the sliding glass door to look out. I would open it to bring during the summer for the breeze and just keep the screen door shut. I always checked to make sure when I closed it she wasn't there.

One time I checked I didn't see her. I swear I checked. I closed the door on her tail!!! OMG the noise she made. I opened the door so fast but it was too late. I already hurt her because she took off the other way when I shut the door.

The vet had to amputate the last inch and half of her tail because when she took off it ripped off the fur and skin exposing the bone. Cost $800. Till this day I still feel guilt over it. Especially when she gets what I call phantom tail twitches.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #20
jdee
Working the Gusset

Oh, my goodness. I know it's hard, but try not to feel guilty. I'm sure she knows you'd never hurt her on purpose.

Of course that easy to say, but hard to do. I still feel bad about Merlin's pistachio. I feel like 'Mommy' should have vaccuumed under the chairs more thoroughly.