Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #41
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
Originally Posted by GinnyG View Post
I've noticed that the crakiest ravelers are often the ones who seem to knit the least (as evidenced by their projects file-which may or may not be an accurate assessment). Moral is- they need to KNIT more and POST less :-)
In some ppls defense...some haven't figured out how to post pics, and therefore don't have any listings...but we are not talking about those ppl. They probably couldnt' find their way on to a forum anyway...

Yeah...you have a point...There must be a number of ppl there just to stir the pot....and I find that weird...are there really that many lonely sad ppl out there that they have to troll forums of places they don't even have an interest in to get some attention? Wow....

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #42
Arielluria
Instepping Out

I've noticed that the crakiest ravelers are often the ones who seem to knit the least (as evidenced by their projects file-which may or may not be an accurate assessment). Moral is- they need to KNIT more and POST less :-)
Great observation! I believe you are right!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #43
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

I"ve noticed..
I've noticed especially on some of the "political" groups it can get very mean. So I do stay away from those.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #44
knitfan
Ribbing the Cuff

I would tend to agree with you, Ginny, regarding the lack of pics showing evidence of knitting, but I myself do not have any pics in mine because I have ancient computer equiment and no way to put pics up.
knitfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #45
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

I knit waaaay too much, but have no pictures or projects on Ravelry because I don't have the time to update every time I finish another hat/pair of mittens or slippers/lap robe. I'd spend all my time updating and none knitting.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #46
GinnyG
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Becky Morgan View Post
I knit waaaay too much, but have no pictures or projects on Ravelry because I don't have the time to update every time I finish another hat/pair of mittens or slippers/lap robe. I'd spend all my time updating and none knitting.
But my guess is that you aren't a snarkey raveler either. My analogy was not that people who don't post fo's are snarkey but that people who have the time to be forever critical and mean need to spend more time knitting and less time posting.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #47
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Becky Morgan View Post
I was the same way. I rarely posted my FO's b/c I considered it to be too much work, but then Ravelry snarkiness hit, and I started to.

There was a thread where the OP complained about people not contributing in the projects section. A lot of people chimed in, and I thought I was breaking some unspoken Ravelry protocol.

It is dumb though, because now I post them, and it doesn't seem to help much. It isn't like I get a ton of views, and I feel my pics pale in comparison to the photos others take and publish. I guess they have photo skills I don't have.

It is nice to have the pictures though. I am sure years from now, without them, I wouldn't remember what I have knitted and haven't.
rachael72knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #48
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

thinking about quitting the forum altogether
OMG I have experienced the snarkiness firsthand and Wow. . .just simply wow.

I started a group for primary grade teachers and was feeling pretty good about it. I have some members already.

Then some person, who didn't join the group, and isn't even a teacher posted a thread-

"Whoever wrote the BOLDFACE tag at the top of your group page needs to go back to Freshman ENG 100. It is not a properly constructed sentence."

I was shocked. I reread it, and knew I had two errors; for instance "that knit" instead of "whom knits"... but I didn't change it because I wasn't positive. Also, I knew I ended a sentence with a preposition, but sometimes it is damn hard to construct the sentence without the preposition at the end.

Was this necessary? I mean, considering this is not a teacher or member, the only thing I can think is this person trolls Ravelry for new groups so they can be insulting. Couldn't they have just sent me a pm and make suggestions instead of calling me out so rudely. . .if bad grammar is such a thorn in their side?

I posted back to the person. . .and think maybe I shouldn't have. Maybe not, becuase now I have drama on my new group with all of four threads and 13 members.

Here is what I responded-

"I will go back and edit for grammar. Not a problem.

Can I ask why you didnít just send me a PM making these suggestions? Were my crimes of bad grammar so heinous that you felt it appropriate to start a thread and publicly call me out?

Please- knit more, and troll for grammar less. It might make you a nicer person."

I took out the "go take your bloodpressure medicine since posts on the internet cause you to go into a tailspin." I am trying to be the better person. I guess that last comment about not trolling for grammar doesn't.

Sheez- way to take the wind out of my sails. I am seriously questioning whether I want to be on Ravelry anymore, but it is such a helpful site with patterns/projects.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #49
Arielluria
Instepping Out

You did the right thing. Don't they have a block person button now? I just looked and could find one, I just KNOW I saw something about that sometimes I need those on my groups too!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arielluria For This Useful Post:
rachael72knitter (09-27-2009)
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #50
rachael72knitter
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Arielluria View Post
You did the right thing. Don't they have a block person button now? I just looked and could find one, I just KNOW I saw something about that sometimes I need those on my groups too!
Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I know I shouldn't let it get to me.

I tried to do a block, but it is for members. I don't think I can block a guest.