Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
wies
Casting On

The Freedom Sweater
Hello!

I am looking for a pattern from Jacqueline Olsen called:
"The Freedom Sweater"
I will be happy of course to reimburse any costs and such.

Thanks! Wies
wies is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Do you have a link so we can at least see what it looks like? I can't find anything called Freedom Sweater is it called by anything else? And have you contacted the website to see if they can help you?
http://www.amazingthreads.com/pages/intro.html

Sharing patterns is a copyright infringement or violation even if you did pay the person. It's best to purchase the pattern yourself.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
evona
Working the Gusset

I've heard people have not had luck getting Jaqueline Olson patterns or information about them from Amazing Threads. I did a search and found a blogger who was doing/is doing/ attempted to do the Freedom Sweater. Maybe if you get a hold of her she can tell you where she got the pattern and where you may procure it as well:

http://threefatesfiber.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

I also found this book that includes Jacqueline Olson pattern(s), but I can't find a table of content anywhere so I can't tell you what the patterns are. Maybe you can find it at your local library.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitters-Stash.../dp/1931499667

Good luck!!

evona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Originally Posted by evona View Post
I also found this book that includes Jacqueline Olson pattern(s), but I can't find a table of content anywhere so I can't tell you what the patterns are. Maybe you can find it at your local library.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitters-Stash.../dp/1931499667

Good luck!!
Click "view inside" and you can see the table of contents. I don't see that sweater listed though.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
If you're on Ravelry you can find patterns from the book in the Patterns tab. There isn't one by the name Freedom sweater, though there is one by Jaqueline Olsen called the Lace Ribs Pullover.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
wies (09-09-2009)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
evona
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Click "view inside" and you can see the table of contents. I don't see that sweater listed though.
I knew I could view the contents of some books on Amazon but I couldn't for the life of me find that "view inside" link . . . Thanks Jan!

evona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
wies
Casting On

The Freedom Sweater
Hello!

I am still looking for the knitting pattern designed by Jacqueline Olsen called "The Freedom Sweater". This is an unisex pattern, ribbed all the way trough, saddle shoulders and a mock turtle neck. It looks like a very comfortable sweater.

I will be happy to pay for any costs, like copying/shipping etc..

Thanks! Wies
wies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Hi,

This is the only Freedom Sweater I could find, but I don't think it's what you are looking for.

http://www.fiber-images.com/Mall/034...m_sweater.html

Cheers~

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Mirl56
Instepping Out

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/jacqueline-olsen
Are you a member of www.ravelry.com yet? I found her under Designers there. None of the designs shown were called Freedom Sweater, but one called Lacy Rib Sweater looks very much as you describe it. Ribbed throughout, saddle shoulders, mock turtle neck.

Doesn't describe it as unisex and can't tell how lacy the rib is but I guess you could un-lace it for a more manly look if you were making it for a man or just didn't want it so lacy.

the pattern is in a book by Interweave Press - Knitter's Stash: Favorite Patterns from Americaís Yarn Shops.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
sandy57th
Knitting the Flap

I think you need to get ahold of this blogger: http://threefatesfiber.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html . She is on www.ravelry.com. You need to join, but it is free. Once you do, her username is RubyLouise. I think that is the only way you're going to find this. Note this from another thread here on KH, from almost 2 years ago: "Hello - I'm kinda new to this group - and notice there is a line of questions and answers about a Jacqueline Olsen pattern. Last answer was in March '08. I am dying to get hold of a copy of one of her patterns. Does anyone know how I can go about getting a copy - any simple/plain one would do. They are no longer available. I tried contacting Amazing Threads - she was a designer there - but they were no help. I even tried calling her - she promised she would send some patterns to me - but I never got them. Can anyone help?
thanks
marcella"

If she couldn't even get it from Olsen herself, then . . .

The knitting shop is Amazing Threads in Lake Katrine, NY.

Good luck!
sandy57th is offline   Reply With Quote