Old 09-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

How did that happen???
I am working on the Central Park Hoodie. Man it is a lot easier than I thought it would be. What a pleasure. Well I took it to work yesterday and was working on a portion of stockinette stitch there. When I got home, I noticed that I had knit a hole into it. Of course I can't find my camera, but I will try to describe it as best I can. I thought at first, that I had dropped a stitch, but now it looks almost like I bound off one stitch because the ladder doesn't run when I pull at it. When I look at it from the purl side, the purl bump is larger than it's neighbors. Is there any way to fix this without having to frog it? If not, is there a better way of frogging and then getting my stitches back on the needle? TIA for any advice!
letsknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Mirl56
Instepping Out

It it was bound off, I think you'll have to frog back to tht spot to un-bind off it. I can't thnk how you could un-bind off otherwise.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirl56 For This Useful Post:
letsknit (09-29-2009)
Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
sandy57th
Knitting the Flap

It's only 1 or 2 stitches? I'd travel the stitch up to the needle to figure out which one the are, then let those 2 drop off the needle and ladder back to the offending row, undo whatever happened, put a safety pin in one to hold it, and then with a crochet hook, pick up the other one and work your way back up to the needle. Then go back and undo the safety pin and do the same thing with that one.
sandy57th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sandy57th For This Useful Post:
letsknit (09-29-2009)
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by sandy57th View Post
It's only 1 or 2 stitches? I'd travel the stitch up to the needle to figure out which one the are, then let those 2 drop off the needle and ladder back to the offending row, undo whatever happened, put a safety pin in one to hold it, and then with a crochet hook, pick up the other one and work your way back up to the needle. Then go back and undo the safety pin and do the same thing with that one.
Not to sound like a dunce or anything, but is there a video of this process or does this process have a name so I can search for a vid? I have some issues trying to visualize. You should have seen my face reading your explanation. I know if I see it, it will make absolute perfect sense! LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yes, on the Tips page there are several videos under Fixing Mistakes. One of them is how to drop a sts and/or picking up a dropped stitch. It's also possible that you did an accidental YO which will leave a hole and make an extra stitch. Dropping that one and the 2 on either side of it, then picking up the 2 sts should fix it. Any uneveness in the sts will straighten out when you wash and block the sweater when finished.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

I have made a button hole with a YO and this mistake doesn't look the same. The more I think about it, I do think I dropped the stitch because it looked like a YO but behaved like I hooked anoher piece of yarn in my needle (Does that make sense?) when I initially tried to fix it. I think I dropped it while trying to fix it.