Old 05-26-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
kimmy20
Casting On

HELP please... new to knitting xx
Hi there I'm pretty new to knitting but I m about to start a cardigan for my cousins baby. I read the pattern before hand to try and make sense of it and I have a few questions for you lovely ppl. My pattern says " Row 1: K1, slip 1, K1, pass slipped stitch over, work to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1."

Question 1 - when it says slip 1 should this be knitwise or purlwise?
Question 2 - it says work to last 3 sts, does this mean knit the remainder in knit stich or continue with the k1, s1, k1 to the last 3 stitches? Hope someone can help, thanks everyone x
kimmy20 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,714 Times in 3,375 Posts
Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Good for you for starting on this cardigan. When you slip one as part of a decrease, slip knitwise.
When the pattern says work across the row, it means to continue in whatever pattern stitch you've been doing. If you've been knitting the rows, then knit across. If you've been doing rib or a lacy pattern, then work that pattern until the last 3sts. The decreases are likely at the beginning of the row and then not until the end of the row in your pattern.
Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
kimmy20
Casting On

Hi thankyou so much for replying to my message I really appreciate it. Well iv been knitting rib, changed to larger needles and 36 rows stocking stitch. Then it gave the instructions as I mentioned so still not entirely sure how to continue that row? I'll try and post the link here now, see if you can make more sense of it for me please? Haha xx http://dianne-jones.blogspot.co.uk/2...digan.html?m=1
Old 05-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,714 Times in 3,375 Posts
What a sweet cardi.
In your case, "work" means to knit across the row.

" Row 1: K1, slip 1, K1, pass slipped stitch over, knit to last 3 sts, K2tog, K1."
Old 05-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
kimmy20
Casting On

Aww brilliant, thanks so much for your help with this. I only choose the cardi as the pattern seemed pretty simple compared to some of the others around there. But was slightly harder than the scarf I knitted lol x thanks again x