Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
thecatsmother
Knitting the Flap

I am so sorry for your loss,having shared my life with many cats,I know just how you feel....every day gets a little easier and soon memories of Sadie will bring you joy.
Sending hugs

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Doublereeder2
Working the Gusset

So sorry to hear this.

Aw, gee - c'mon and see: www.knittinreed.blogspot.com
Doublereeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
GinnyG
Instepping Out

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have an almost 14 yo English sheepdog who will soon need help "over the bridge". I cry every day thinking about it.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

So sorry you lost a furball. We just went through that in Nov. We too had another younger dog who was still in the midst of training so that helped.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Well, today I took Coco out for our walk as usual and it was much easier with just her alone. Before with Coco and Sadie, I had my hands pretty full-Sadie was always so calm on the leash, no pulling, no running, just ambling along at her own pace; but Coco's just a kid and I have trouble keeping her in check. I'm 60 years old now and not quite as agile as I used to be. Maybe now, with just Coco, I can get her more "leash friendly" and get some of her rowdiness calmed down. Felt kinda funny with just the one dog, though. I miss stepping over her everywhere I go in the house. She'd always be laying down right where I was walking, seemed like. I guess there's a lot of adjusting we're going through, but we'll be OK soon. Thank you all...there's so many kind people here.
Mary
Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society. Benjamin Franklin

Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
Sorry to hear it...

They really are best friends....pets....aren't they!!

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Jeremy
Mod Squad

My heart hurts for your loss.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Thanks, Jeremy and Crycket...
I'm a little concerned about my other dog, Coco. She hasn't eaten a thing since Friday. I know she can sense something's wrong, but I'm wondering if I should call the vet? Have any of you had any experience with the other dog/cat/animal grieving over the loss of a pet? Sadie was already here when we got Coco as a puppy, so she's grown up with her. Coco's only about 3 we think, but she sure is acting like she's sad. She's one of these dogs that "smiles" all the time, but she hasn't smiled at all. I'm getting worried about her.
Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society. Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #19
melmac51
Turning the Heel

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Coco is probably grieving in her own way for her buddy. We can't explain it to them like we can to a child, so that makes it even harder. We had a dog that howled for a night when she lost her buddy. Then after a while, she bounced back to her old self again.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #20
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Thanks, Melanie...I'm hoping she will get back to "normal" soon. Coco's normal isn't quite the same as most dogs...she's just so happy all the time. She really does smile when we come home from work and even when she's just boppin' around the house. That's why seeing her so mopey hurts me, too. This has been going on since Friday. She'll eat a dog treat or peanut butter, but not her food...not one bite. Sadie's been her companion forever.
I'll give it one more day and if she's not eating by tomorrow, I'll call the vet to see if she has any suggestions.
p.s. The pet cemetery just called and Sadie's going to be delivered back to our vet tomorrow. We had her cremated. Y'all must think I'm crazy going on and on about this, but it helps to write it out. Today was a holiday for us so I'll be back at work tomorrow. That should help take my mind off of this. I hate leaving Coco alone though. Hope she'll be OK.