Old 10-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
fairycastle
Casting On

Need to make a pattern smaller
I am a small adult woman, about size 0 or 2. Teenage and girls' patterns may fit, but aren't my style. I have a boxy cardigan pattern that looks simple and forgiving on the size. Still, it needs to scaled down. Smaller needles have been suggested, but I wonder if there is a way to transpose a pattern down? I tried to attach the picture and pattern, but got an error massage. If you can help out, please email me and I will send them. BTW It is from Interweave Knits, Winter 2008.
Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm not sure how the forum works. My email is toRosanna@ comcast.net

Last edited by fairycastle : 10-18-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot something
fairycastle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Mirl56
Instepping Out

I don't know about posting pics cause I never do; maybe they were too big. In any case, you shouldn't post the whole pattern here - that would be a copyright issue. You probably can link to the pattern thru interweave.com. They usually show patterns that are in different issues. Another choice is if you are a member of www.ravelry.com, you can probably find a link to the project there.

In any case, tell us the name of the design. Probably many of us will own the magazine/issue.

Just an idea, if you just need to make it one or 2 sizes smaller, look at the sizes listed in the pattern. If the smallest size is cast on 10, then the next size up is cast on 15, then the next size is cast on 20, etc, maybe you can figure out how to size it down by looking at the math between the sizes. A lot depends on the pattern and how complicated it is.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks

Last edited by Mirl56 : 10-18-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: cause I can't spell
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Please don't post a pattern, it's against copyright laws. If you tell us the name of it, the yarn and needles used, we might be able to help you with substitution suggestions.

Marilyn's suggestions for sizing down a pattern are a good idea too.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote