Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,749 Times in 7,119 Posts
Interchangeable needle case?
I hate my KP needle case. Has anyone ever used a Della Q case? I'm thinking of getting the one for two sets. It's called The Que-i Double.
http://www.dellaq.com/Accessories.html

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Oooh, I hadn't seen the double one, thanks for pointing that out! I quite like the HiyaHiya case, and I understand that there are a few stores in the US that are carrying just the case. It's really compact and flat. The DellaQ looks very similar!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

Have you checked out etsy? I've found a ton on there that are much cheaper and I love supporting individuals who are making money out of their hobby! Just a thought. I don't know about double cases, but I bet after a few months of this one on the market, I bet there will be .
Old 10-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Interestingly, I like both of my KP cases---only the newer one, the clear ones that came with the Harmonies when they came out, has a broken zipper...and with the black zipper/binder one, the plastic sippy things on the sleeves keep breaking.

Something like this looks pretty foolproof!

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Lisa R. View Post
Interestingly, I like both of my KP cases---only the newer one, the clear ones that came with the Harmonies when they came out, has a broken zipper...and with the black zipper/binder one, the plastic sippy things on the sleeves keep breaking.

Something like this looks pretty foolproof!
The plastic sleeves don't last all that long if you use them a lot and the binder is just too heavy. I put binder rings on the sleeves and just carry them that way, but the broken zippers on them drive me crazy. As for the other thing the Harmonies come in I don't like it at all. I like to have my cables and needles labeled.

The thing about the one I posted is the labels are built in at least for the needles!

Originally Posted by kellyh57
Have you checked out etsy? I've found a ton on there that are much cheaper and I love supporting individuals who are making money out of their hobby!
Yes, I have. I agree it's nice to support small buisiness owners, but they don't have what I want. I have a friend who got one there and while it's nice she can't put all her needles and cables in it and there are no labels so she has to use the cardboard labels from the original packaging.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Quote:
As for the other thing the Harmonies come in I don't like it at all. I like to have my cables and needles labeled.

The thing about the one I posted is the labels are built in at least for the needles!
Yeah, that's a great feature on the one you posted---I like that set-up a lot. On the harmonies thing, I used my label-maker to label the slots for the needles. That helps. Except when they fall out because of the broken zipper.

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

I wondered about the zipper on the KP sleeves; I haven't used them yet, but I wondered how they would hold up to constant use.

I like the KP zipper pouch -- I think it would be pretty simple to label with bits of cardboard in each pocket -- but I don't like it for storing my cables.

I love the look of the Della Q cases and nearly bought an Addi Click set just because it came with one but I came to my senses and left it alone.

I'd love to hear a review on them -- they are so pretty!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
Oh I really like the Que Double!! I may have to get that. I used to have the binder - it was way to bulky. So I traded it with a friend who wanted it and had the clear case. I like the case better, but I don't like that nothing is labled - tips or cables. And I have the Options and Harmonies for most of the tips. Just ordered a couple of the resin ones too - just to try them out you know ...

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I did use my labeler on my the sleeves and you could do it for the zipper pouch, but it's still not ideal IMO. I think I might spring for one of these soon. I'll let you know.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

I think I'm going to iron on numbers to my fabric roll-up case. I use one for all of my DPNs and I hate having to pull them out just to check sizes. I want a new case for my Denise's and I have a feeling I'll be ironing on some more numbers again!