Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Northknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

not knitting, new kitty cat
Hi,
Our old lab passed away at age 14 years. We went to the shelter and found a nice cat that had been there for short of 7 months.
We cannot seem to get a name for her ...she is soft, fluffy, warm, purrs all the time, please suggestions wanted.

Last edited by Northknitter : 10-26-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: add picture
Northknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Give us a pic? (Mainly cuz I just want to see her. I miss my kitties!)

One of my fav names for a cat is the name my friend in Ireland gave her cat, Pus(h)kin.

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
stitchabit
1st Leg of the Journey

What color is she? How about "Cotton"? I am thinking about adopting a kitty. I have had cats over the years. The last one 4 years ago-had to give her to a friend - during my last move. DH will doesn't like the idea- but I feel like this is my "only live one lifetime" and I may want to include another furry friend. We have a lab. He is very gentle and well trained-not worried about him- would be more worried that the kitten/cat was not afraid of him. Would probably take "Joe" with us to meet the new kitty. It also takes me forever to name my pets. Always looking for that special different name.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
UruzPhoenix
1st Leg of the Journey

Rumblebelly

It's the nickname i have for my son's "zen kitty" that you can't make mad and purrs so hard her whole body vibrates

OTN
more socks.... pics of past projects up at my blog.

my knitting blog
HeathenWytch on Ravelry
UruzPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Gertie
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by UruzPhoenix View Post
purrs so hard her whole body vibrates
Oh

I love cat purrs! I want ours to purr so loud that the college kids across the street complain about the noise. The older our Buddy gets the louder he purrs. Pepper did the same. Am hoping that Ginger (see avatar) will do it, too.

As for a name for the new addition. I'd have to see a pic, too.
Gertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
cftwo
Working the Gusset

Cat purrs are wonderful, aren't they? I gave both my cats people names (Betsy and Walter), which suit them. Of course, there's TS Eliot's advice that a cat must have 3 different names - Betsy's are Elizabeth (her royal name), Betsy (her everyday name) and Princess (her "pet" name). Walter is Sir Walter, Walter, and alternates between Baby Kitty (he's 10 now, but he's the younger of my 2 cats) and Ferocious Hunter (he's very good at killing string).
cftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
melmac51
Turning the Heel

Congrats on your new addition! We have 2 kitties. One of them showed up as a kitten. Her name is Calypso, like the boat in Homer's book "The Odyssey". We call her Calli. She's around 10 years old. Our other one decided when his people (who were our next door neighbors at the time) moved away, that he wanted to be our cat. They kept coming for him, but he kept coming back to us. We lost touch with them after Hurricane Katrina, so Louie is here to stay. He came with that name, but it suits him.

Last edited by melmac51 : 10-29-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling errer (oops, I meant error)
melmac51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
UruzPhoenix
1st Leg of the Journey

listening to cat purrs is actually good for you too.... something to do with the pitch they hit actually STRENGTHENS bones. it also regulates your heartbeat and is comforting.

My oldest 2 kitties are mother hens.... anytime one of us is sick they sleep curled up near our heads and purr into our ears all night.

OTN
more socks.... pics of past projects up at my blog.

my knitting blog
HeathenWytch on Ravelry
UruzPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
W/o seeing her.... Winnie the Pooh says he's rumbly in his tumbly when he's hungry... I think Rumbly or Rumblie would be cute!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
Johnny783
Casting On

How about.......
Hey!

I know I'm a guy but I like to knit. I would suggest North Star or North Knitter. Please post and pic and what you decide it's name to be!

-Johnny783
Johnny783 is offline   Reply With Quote