Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
gotta knit
Knitting the Flap

Hope that shoulder's on the mend. Glad it hasn't interfered too much with knitting.

I was debating which interchangeables to buy last week. Here's my thread with pros/cons for each set that I found, and lots of advice from other helpful posters:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=94880

I ordered one Options needle to try it and am just about to post a thread about it.
Good luck making your decision!
gotta knit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotta knit For This Useful Post:
etoilechaude (11-05-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Hope you're on the mend and good-to-go soon, Evan!

The Addi CLICKS have two styles of casing. The original BIG BOX that lots of folks hated (very non-portable) and the new packaging! Make mention that you want the NEW packaging, if you do, that is!

I mention this because if your closest LYS invested into CLICKS with the BIG BOX, they're gonna sell them regardless. I haven't heard that Addi is allowing LYS's to 'trade in' the BIG BOX packaging for the new, slim, trim, portable packaging!

BELOW: The BIG BOX

Don't get me wrong. It is a nice box, but totally non-portable!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
etoilechaude (11-05-2009), novice stitcher (11-05-2009)
Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #13
melmac51
Turning the Heel

Feel better soon Evan...and don't overdo it with the Choreo Class!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
novice stitcher
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to novice stitcher Send a message via MSN to novice stitcher Send a message via Skype™ to novice stitcher
glad you found a pair of circs that work so well for you! I hope you are feeling better by now...

Jenn :D

Originally Posted by etoilechaude View Post
Well... I've been injured for the past 4 days (horrible shoulder spasm - doesn't sound bad, but trust me I can barely get my body out of bed because I'm in so much pain) so I've been knitting on the couch a LOT. Well... knitting and nodding off cuz of all the meds I'm on.

Anyway, I decided I needed a new pair of circs because I wanted to make my mom a lacey-ish cowl and I didn't want to have to deal with constantly moving stitches around on DPNS. My wonderful partner usually sighs and moans everytime I need a new pair of needles, but this time he was eager to please me (might be because I've been somewhat of a meany-face lately). So I told him I'd LOVE to try Addi Turbos and that he'd have to venture across town to my favorite LYS to get them. Much to my surprise he ran out the door!!

Anyway... the point is I <3 them... a LOT!
So my Christmas list has their interchangeable set at the top.
Up until this point I hated metal needles, I'm not sure why, but bamboo always seemed to slide easier (I know that's not supposed to be the case).

Maybe it's the drugs talking, but I just thought I'd give my "hip hip hooray!!!" to Addi :o)

OTN: Phentex Slipper Pattern
novice stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote