Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #21
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
Originally Posted by melmac51 View Post
Demonica, All I can say is "It's a good thing you love him!"

My DH used to be picky. He thought he didn't like cheese. I snuck it into food for years, and he never knew. Now, he openly eats cheese, but not all kinds. He used to tell me to lie to him about ingredients if I thought he wouldn't like it.

hahaha...Yeah, needless to say, I had noooo idea before we were married just how picky he is! And seriously, it seems he's worsened over the years! I truly believe some of it stems from his stubborn attitude, plain and simple. I mean when he did eat meat he wouldn't eat potatoes or beans or anything and I knew that, but he'd actually eat chicken liver! And have the nerve to tell me he refuses to try vegetable based things because they look gross! As if livers look appetizing! LOL! That's why I think some of it stems from him just being plain 'ol stubborn...If he says he won't try something, he won't do it just to prove a point...The jerk

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by margz3 View Post
Thank goodness my DH isn't a picky eater! Now, DS on the other hand........

Demonica - can you give us an idea of what he WILL eat? It may be easier for us to come up with suggestions for you! Though I am not a vegetarian, DD's roommate is and we are always trying new things when we have her for dinner.

Ginny - thanks for posting those recipes - they sound yummy! I've printed them to try for DD's roomie

LOL! Hmm, what he will eat...Um...He likes pizza! LOL! He'll eat a lot of the MorningStar and Boca products, like the Boca burgers (any veggie burger with the exception of the Full Circle brand veggie burgers, those aren't very good), he'll eat the MorningStar Crumbles, the veggie sausage and bacon, the MorningStar Riblets, Chick Nuggets, and Buffalo Wings...Um...He likes corn and green beans (though we will be having corn with our Thanksgiving dinner)....Um...He likes pasta, pretty much any pasta but the dork refuses to eat angel hair pasta! "The noodles are too thin and don't taste as good." What a weirdo...LOL! Um...heh...This is why I loathe having to make dinner and grocery lists, he is impossible...And when asked, he's no help! He likes cheese...lol...Seriously, that's about all I can think of that I know for a fact he likes! I swear, the dude is lucky he has many other lovable qualities!

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #23
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

HAHA my hubby prefers angel hair and thin spaghetti over fettucinni as he says they taste better !!!
Now I can tell the difference btwn peanut butter brands, but I cannot tell (by taste) the difference btwn pasta shells, rotini, spaghetti or bow ties.
After hearing about your husband I really can't complain too much about mine. Before we got married he pretty much ate Taco Bell and Bagel Bites. After 3 yrs of marriage he told me the other day that Taco Bell just doesn't taste that good anymore - that the taco's and burritos we make at home are better. I almost fell off my chair.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #24
melmac51
Turning the Heel

Have you ever made chili with those crumbles? I know it's not the most traditional Thanksgiving dish, but it sure does taste good! Just put everything that you'd put in regular chili, substituting the crumbles for the meat. Serve it over his favorite pasta.
saracidaltendencies (11-13-2009)
Old 11-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #25
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Unfortunately chili is another thing he refuses to eat, he thinks it looks disgusting...BAH! I love chili! My dad makes this awesome vegetarian chili with chili beans, refried beans, onion, and green pepper, but hubby won't touch it...He is seriously worse than a child! LOL!

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #26
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by vaknitter View Post
HAHA my hubby prefers angel hair and thin spaghetti over fettucinni as he says they taste better !!!
Now I can tell the difference btwn peanut butter brands, but I cannot tell (by taste) the difference btwn pasta shells, rotini, spaghetti or bow ties.
After hearing about your husband I really can't complain too much about mine. Before we got married he pretty much ate Taco Bell and Bagel Bites. After 3 yrs of marriage he told me the other day that Taco Bell just doesn't taste that good anymore - that the taco's and burritos we make at home are better. I almost fell off my chair.
That sounds sooo much like my hubby! Before we were married the only thing he ate was Taco Bell! But, he's definitely gotten pickier over the years because now he won't touch Taco Bell unless it's the Pizza Hut/Taco Bell and he can order a pizza...lol

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #27
flea
Ribbing the Cuff

Good grief!

I thought I had it bad when my husband refused to eat peas because he claims they tried to kill him once. Seriously. He has a phobia since he got choked on a pea from a pot pie.

Other than that though, I have the opposite problem. He'll eat whatever I make and unless it's terrible he'll answer my question about how it was with, "It's gone, isn't it?"

GAR!
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #28
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

If peas were the only thing my dear, butt-headed hubby refused to eat, it would be bliss! hahaha

Sorry to hear about your hubby's phobia...Kind of reminds me of a phobia my sister had...She was scared of Count Chocula and Frankenberry (and refused to eat the cereal) for the longest time because she had a nightmare, when she was a kid, that they were outside of her bedroom window...We also had a really hard time convincing her Count Chocula and Frankenberry do not exist aside from being on the cover of cereal boxes...hahaha

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #29
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Demonica, what does he eat on regular days? Just bring something he normally eats, don't worry if it's not something 'fancy'.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
saracidaltendencies (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
bambi
Working the Gusset

Demonica, I would take a steamed veggie that he likes. Simple. If he starves, that is his issue. Put some veggie burgers in your freezer at home and he can eat those later.

Honestly, it is HIS issue and he is welcome to make and bring his own dish. What would he eat if he were single?

My MIL is always encouraging me to pack my husband's lunch. He doesn't eat fruit much though he eats plenty of veggies and she tells me, "I used to cut up fruit and put it out for my family." I tell her, "Patti, he is nearly 40 years old and lived on his own for a long time before I became his wife. He can cut his own fruit if he wants it." I detect a note of holier than thou in her but I don't care. I will cut stuff up for the 4 year old but not the 40 year old!

I guess my point is not to worry so much about him. Just go and have a good time!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Bambi-M

I'm Bambi-M on Ravelry
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bambi For This Useful Post:
saracidaltendencies (11-16-2009)