Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Mat
Ribbing the Cuff

half double crochet border
Can someone please demonstrate how half double crochet border is done? i just learned single crochet border but i wanna know what will change for half double crochet border. Can someone please tell me in steps what to do . I'll be making a half double crochet border on a knitted piece. i cannot find anyy videos online for this.
help

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
sabrinasmom
Knitting the Flap

Found this site. Maybe it will help. Looks like you yarn over as for a double and pull through all three loops. There is a video. Might be a good place to mark for reference for other stitches. I some times forget how to do them.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/...eo+lessons.htm
Mat (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
blueygh2
Turning the Heel

Thats exact. You yarn over (wrap yarn around hook), insert hook into next stitch, pull up a loop, wrap yarn around hook and pull it through all 3 loops on the hook. That's a half double crochet. Repeat. Also, when you start the hdc border, you fix the yarn to the first stitch, then you chain 2 before beginning. In the end, you finish by joining the last hdc done to the second chain of the initial chain 2.

I'm NOT a "miss", I'm a lady!
blueygh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blueygh2 For This Useful Post:
Mat (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
MGM
Turning the Heel

HERE is a video on how to do half double crochet. To work this stitch onto a knitted piece, you would do it the same way as any other stitch on a knitted piece, only use this stitch instead.

Perhaps you are the same person who left me a comment recently about this. I would have replied to you directly except that your profile is set so that you cannot receive replies to your comments.

I hope this video is what you are looking for. On the sidebar of my home page, www.HookedOnNeedles.com, you can find links to different topics like crochet. There you will find lists of all the videos I have done and other articles and picture tutorials I have shared on my site.

Hope this is helpful

MGM
I'm also HookedOnNeedles on Flickr!
And you can find me on Facebook too!
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MGM For This Useful Post:
Mat (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Mat
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by MGM View Post
HERE is a video on how to do half double crochet. To work this stitch onto a knitted piece, you would do it the same way as any other stitch on a knitted piece, only use this stitch instead.

Perhaps you are the same person who left me a comment recently about this. I would have replied to you directly except that your profile is set so that you cannot receive replies to your comments.

I hope this video is what you are looking for. On the sidebar of my home page, www.HookedOnNeedles.com, you can find links to different topics like crochet. There you will find lists of all the videos I have done and other articles and picture tutorials I have shared on my site.

Hope this is helpful

MGM
hi, thank you... yes i am the same person who left you the comment. i find your website very helpful, easy to understand. thank you.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Mat
Ribbing the Cuff

MGM,

i wanted to request a video so i don't make any mistake because i m a beginner. and things are confusing when it comes to working on corner or ending. so i wanted to follow a video making the half double crochet border, and like blueygh2 said : "when you start the hdc border, you fix the yarn to the first stitch, then you chain 2 before beginning. In the end, you finish by joining the last hdc done to the second chain of the initial chain 2"

i dont understand this at all .
Old 11-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
MGM
Turning the Heel

You got it, Mat! Tell me a little bit about what you made that is knitted so I can try to replicate it in a small sample. Is it all knit, or is it knit a row and purl a row? Is it a dishcloth or a garment? Give me some idea about what you want to put the half double crochet border on, then I'll work up a little sample and do a video on adding the border. If the pattern you used is available online, a link to it would be helpful to me.

Thanks!
MGM
Mat (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Mat
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh my God, Thank you so so so much. i am making "Gotta touch it" baby blanket for my nephew who is due very soon. the baby blanket is super simple. it's all knit with half double crochet border around it.
once again thank you so much!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
MGM
Turning the Heel

Thanks Mat, that link is very helpful! I'll work on that and let you know as soon as I have the video up. I'll make sure it is step by step, from beginning to end, so you can follow along and your blanket will come out just beautiful.

I think there is nothing quite like a handmade blanket for a new baby gift....lots of homemade love!

MGM
Mat (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
Mat
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you!