Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Limenblack
Casting On

Crown shaping
I have a hat that i am making up as i go along, i casted on 72 stitches and have a 2x2 cable on a 4 stitch reverse background, is there a way to keep the cables in the crown shaping. i was thinking of decreasing out the purls first one at each edge which would be two decrease rows to remove the purl background, but how many plain rows go between the decrease rows.
Limenblack is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
It really depends on how quickly you want the crown to decrease. If you leave one plain round between decreases, it will, naturally, decrease faster and create a more rounded top. Decreasing more gradually will make a narrower top.

What you could do is determine how many more inches you want for the hat, then measure your row gauge to see how many rows you'll need to do to get to the top and decrease accordingly.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote