Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

So disappointed with knitpicks needles...
I ordered a set of the zephyrs and was loving them until i grabbed my size 8 a little hard and snapped in half. Then I slipped and leaned on a size five and you guessed it, it snapped in half. Then just now, I was trying to take some work off of a size 7 and it first pulled itself right off of the connection, then the spot where the connection goes in, broke right off so no more knitting for me for a while. I should have just bought the nickle plated ones and been done. I can't afford to keep replacing needles all the time!
letsknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Really?! I've NEVER heard of that happening! Give them a call and let them know. They will replace anything defective that broke.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Bummer...
Hi!

So sorry to hear about your difficulties with your needles. I know what a horror that can be!

BUT, the good news is that Knitpicks probably has the absolute BEST customer service I've ever seen. I just called them about a situation with a product and they cheerfully arranged to get me a replacement right out and at no charge.

Not everything works perfectly all the time, but if the company you're dealing with is so willing to take responsibility and replace what's gone wrong then that's a huge bonus.

By the way - the nickel plated options are AWESOME! I don't even knit with anything else nowadays!

Happy Knitting,
ruthie
Old 12-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

yeah well the first two were on me since it was my big old hands that did it, but I was soooooooo bummed out that the 7's came unseated from their connection...
Old 12-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by letsknit View Post
yeah well the first two were on me since it was my big old hands that did it, but I was soooooooo bummed out that the 7's came unseated from their connection...
That does happen occasionally, but not as much as you'd think from reading posts. People who don't have problems don't post about it so you only hear the bad things.

I personally found that when I was yanking hard on the needles it did pull out of the connection. Now I hold on to the cable itself and always pull gently. They weren't made for rough use, they were made for knitting.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

At this point, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the shipping conditions.It could have possibly been heating and cooling that damaged or weakened the plastic D:
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

Are you implying I may not know my own strength??? That is exactly what I was doing. I was pulling on the wrong part, but I really didn't think that I was pulling that hard! You would think I don't have other needles and other things I could knit! I am such a drama queen!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I think none of us know our own strength!

Always slide the stitches carefully off the needles and when sliding the stitches around to knit.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
WIKnittyLynn
Casting On

Sorry to hear about that! I ordered the nickel set when they first came out and EVERY one of my cables did that. I was so disgusted I put them away for almost a year. Finally I dug them out, called Knit Picks and they sent me all new cables. I knew from various forums they'd had that particular issue initially, which is why I didn't bother to get new ones right away.
Anyway, they are a gem to work with and will get you straightened right out. I would talk to them about the ones that broke to see if others are having this happen. They might just send you replacements.
WIKnittyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
marilyn820
Casting On

I had a set of sz 2 classics come apart (cable came off) last weekend. I had that set for well over a year, but I sent an email to complain just the same (it's so frustrating to lose all that knitting!). On Monday morning I had a very nice reply and they are replacing them! I will continue to use KnitPick needles just because of their customer service. It is the best!
marilyn820 is offline   Reply With Quote